Google Drive Guide 2020 - How to Upload DVD to Google Drive
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service whose users reached to 1 billion in July 2018. It allows users to upload various kinds of file types, such as documents, photos and videos, for storing on its server, synchronizing across devices and sharing files with others.
Since Google Drive accepts videos, many people wonder how they can store DVD movies to Google Drive. This way they can store DVD digital copies without occupying the memory of computer or other devices and can access DVD movies on smartphone, tablet, or others via Google Drive. Wherever you go, your DVD movies follow. Well, how to upload DVD to Google Drive?
To begin with, you need to download and install WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to rip/digitize DVDs.
In most cases, you're not allowed to extract the video of DVD to computer directly for further uploading on Google Drive or elsewhere because of the inbuilt copy protection schemes. You need to use a third-party DVD ripper to do that job. Among all DVD rippers in the market, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is the highly recommended one for the following features.
- It can easily rip DVDs encoded with region code, CSS, UOPs, Sony ARccOS, Disney X-Project 99-title DRM, or other copyright restrictions.
- It allows users to rip movie DVDs, TV series DVDs, workout DVDs, and other video DVDs.
- It is available to digitize DVDs to MP4, MOV, WMV, and other Google Drive supported video formats with proper file size for fast uploading.
- It keeps the original quality of DVDs, and can deinterlace videos if required.
- It processes DVD ripping at the NO.1 fast speed by leveraging Intel QSV / NVIDIA NVENC powered hardware acceleration and other advanced technologies.
Free download WinX DVD Ripper Platinum to help upload DVD to Google Drive.
Please DO NOT use WinX DVD Ripper to rip rental DVDs.
How to Rip DVD for Uploading to Google Drive?
In this guide we take WinX DVD Ripper Platinum (Windows version) as an example. Mac version shares the same steps.
Step 1: Import the DVD you want to add to Google Drive into WinX DVD Ripper.
Put target DVD into the DVD drive of your computer (if there's no inbuilt drive, connect an external DVD drive) -> open WinX DVD Ripper and click the DVD Disc button at the top left corner -> select the source DVD disc and click OK.
Step 2: Choose an output profile that Google Drive supports.
According to Google Drive help center, the following video formats are accepted:
▪ WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
▪ MPEG4, 3GPP, and MOV files (h264 and MPEG4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
▪ AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
▪ MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
▪ FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
But please be noted that not all video types may work on all devices.
So, in order to upload your DVD movie to Google Drive successfully and play the DVD movie on various devices flawlessly, you're suggested to click General Profiles -> choose MP4 Video (codec: H.264+AAC) as the output profile -> hit OK.
Step 3: Start ripping DVD.
Simply click RUN button and then it will begin decrypting and digitizing the disc. Within minutes (note: the ripping speed varies depending on your computer configurations. ), WinX DVD Ripper will finish the ripping and put the digital copy of your DVD in the destination folder. Then, you can upload it to Google Drive.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping commercial DVDs for any illegal purpose. You're suggested to refer to the DVD copyright laws in your country before doing so.
How to Upload DVD Movies to Google Drive?
There're three ways to add DVD movies on your computer to Google Drive for DVD backup and easy access.
1. Go to drive.google.com.
2. Click + New button at the top left corner and click File Upload.
3. Browse and open the DVD movie to upload to Google Drive.
1. Go to drive.google.com.
2. Drag the DVD movie to a folder of your Google Drive. If you don't have a folder yet, create a folder now: click + New -> Folder -> give it a name and click CREATE.
1. Install Google Drive application on computer. And then you'll see a folder called Google Drive on your computer.
2. Drag the DVD movie to the Google Drive folder. The movie will be uploaded to Drive and shown on drive.google.com. Also learn how to transfer DVDs to Amazon Cloud.