Instagram is a simple and fun way to share photos, messages and also videos with friends and family. It is popular among ordinary people and also celebrities. But your happy browsing on Instagram could be ruthlessly interrupted when you have a problem with Instagram video playback.
Many users report that Instagram videos can play for a couple of seconds only and then just buffer with camera icon blinking or won't play at all. Sometimes, it shows up as white screen while audio plays. Instagram videos not playing issue could happen suddenly on Android (Samsung Galaxy/Note 5, Google Pixel, etc.), iPhone, computer Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or occur after users update their mobile OS, desktop OS, browser version, etc. If you have a problem with video playback on Instagram app or Instagram website, now is your chance to get all possible solutions to fix this error.
For Windows only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
By making use of free WinX video downloader [virus-free], you can circumvent Instagram videos won't play error resulting from poor network connection, source video deleted by owner, or other reasons.
The reason for Instagram videos can't play properly could lie in Instagram website or app, your device, or the browser you use. The most common causes of Instagram videos not playing include:
Based on above mentioned reasons, we conclude that there are 4 possibly workable ways to tackle Instagram videos won't play issue. But before any further, you might as well restart your device to have a try. Sometimes, you can make Instagram play videos normally simply by rebooting. If this trick isn't workable, try the solutions below.
A. Check network
B. Check your router
C. Reset network and try again
Android: Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Settings Reset > RESET SETTINGS.
iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings > enter posscode > confirm reset by pressing Reset Network Settings.
In this way, you can fix Instagram videos not playing issue caused by problematic or obsolete Instagram app.
• Android: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Instagram > Uninstall. Once finished, download its latest version from Google Play Store and install it again.
• iPhone: You have two ways to remove Instagram app off iPhone.
1. Tap and hold the Instagram app icon until it shakes, then tap X on its icon to delete it.
2. Go to Settings > General > Usage/Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage under STORAGE section > locate and tap Instagram > Delete App. Once done, go to App Store to download and install Instagram app.
Power saving mode is helpful when you need to conserve battery power but your device's performance (e.g. Instagram video playback) will be limited. Therefore, you need to disable it in order to solve Instagram videos won't play problem.
• On Android 6.0 Marshmallow, go to Settings > Battery > Battery Saver > switch off the battery saver button. Or take actions below to fix Instagram video not playing on Android Nougat/Marshmallow:
• If you're using Android 7.0, check High Performance following this directory: Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > Performance Mode > choose High performance.
• As for iPhone, open Settings app, tap Battery, and then toggle Low Power Mode off.
Corrupted data in Instagram will lead to Instagram video not playing issue. Fortunately, we can remove them off Instagram by clearing caches.
• To clear Instagram caches on Android, you should go to Settings > App > Instagram > Storage > Clear Caches.
• To delete Instagram caches on iPhone, you'd better uninstall it and download a copy later.
• Clearing caches of computer browser is also a possible method when you need to solve Instagram videos not playing on Chrome, Firefox or other browsers.
After that, reboot your device, reopen Instagram app/website, and then check if the problem gets fixed. After trying these tricks, you should play Instagram videos smoothly. If you have other problems with Instagram, please jump to: fix Instagram not working error
Instagram doesn't come with a download button, so you can't download an Instagram video directly for offline playback. However, you can make use of third-party software like WinX YouTube Downloader to get Instagram videos downloaded. This tool is 100% clean and free, compatible with Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion and other 600+ sites in total.
Download this Instagram video downloader and install it on your PC (Windows 10 or lower supported), and then you are only 3 steps away from any desired Instagram video.
Step 1. Launch the downloader, and import the URL of target Instagram video into the text field of this program.
Step 2. Analyze Instagram video URL and choose an output option you like.
Step 3. Hit Download button to begin downloading Instagram video for offline playback.
That way, you won't come across Instagram videos not playing issue caused by poor network connection, video owner removing source video, etc.
The strongest one-stop video processing tool to download, edit, convert and resize 4K UHD videos captured by iPhone, GoPro, DJI, etc at fully accelerated speed. Also can rip DVDs and download video from Instagram, Youtube...
For PC and Mac only. Mobile user Click here.
Estrella H. is a senior editor in Digiarty Software. She manages the software test section and creates easy and useful how-tos. When not in editing, she spends her spare time on Rubik's Cube and ukulele.