How to Rip DVD to iTunes and Import DVD Content to iTunes Library
Q: How to convert/import a DVD movie to iTunes on a PC for personal use?
When you buy or rent a movie from iTunes Store, it will be automatically added to your iTunes library. However, you may also want to add your DVD collections to iTunes so you can sync them to your iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and watch them anywhere freely. What to do if we want to watch DVD videos instead of buying HD videos from Apple iTunes? Though iTunes won't support DVDs directly, you can acturally do it by converting DVDs to iTunes supported formats.
Firstly, Free Download the Best DVD to iTunes Ripper
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - [100% clean program]
- One of the strongest DVD ripping software that will easily convert DVD disc to MP4, H.264, MPEG4, MOV, M4V, HEVC, and more.
- Support ripping protected movie DVDs, newest 99-title DVDs, scratched DVDs, etc.
- Rip a DVD on Windows (10) or Mac fast in about 5 minutes with original quality.
- Easily convert a DVD to iTunes formats for easy import, also rip DVDs directly to iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, etc.
How to import DVD to iTunes:
Step 1. How to Convert DVDs to iTunes Supported Formats?
Before we import a DVD into iTunes library, you need to convert the disc to a digital format. First, free download the DVD to iTunes converter:
1. After downloading this DVD to iTunes ripper, please install it on your computer and launch it. Click on "DVD Disc", "ISO Image" or "Folder" button and load the DVD you want to import to iTunes. Then it will load the information and auto check the main title.
2. Once the DVD is loaded, a smaller window will pop up. Choose output profile in "Output Profile Category", and find "Apple Device" under "Device profile". Specific videos supported by different Apple and iOS devices will appear upon clicking on it. Among them, select "to iTunes Video".
FYI: iTunes supported formats:
- Video Formats: any video compatible with the QuickTime, including MPEG-4 and H.264 videos in .mov, .mp4 or .m4v file extensions.
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AIFF
Alternatively, you may rip and convert DVD to iTunes spported M4V, MP4, MOV format in Codec MPEG4 or H.264. Simply click General Profiles and select MP4 Video. For each, there are three different options to output LQ, SQ and HQ videos. You can slide to adjust the quality. The higher video quality is, the bigger output file size would be, and longer it will take to rip.
3. At the bottom of the main interface, click Browse and set an output folder on the computer to save the converted DVD video.
4. Click Run button to start converting DVD to iTunes 11/12 compatible video. It may take a few minutes and the converted DVD videos will be stored on your selected folder.
Step 2. How to Import DVD Video to iTunes Library
After the DVDs are converted to iTunes supported MP4, MOV, or M4V on Windows or Mac, you can transfer DVD video into iTunes (12) and then Sync DVD videos through iTunes (12) to iPad iPhone iPod.
- iTunes (the latest version iTunes 12.10 is recommended);
- iTunes Store account;
- Internet access (if necessary)
On Windows, press Alt on the keyboard to open the menu bar. Then click File on the top menu and select "Add File to Library" or "Add Folder to Library" if all the DVD movies are stored in a single folder. Then browse the DVDs videos on your computer and select them.
On MacOS, click "Add to Library" under "File" and browse and add the converted DVD video to your iTunes library. iTunes 12 will auto classify it in Movies category. On both Windows and macOS, you an also import the DVD movies to iTunes by drag and drop.
Drag the DVD movie to your iOS device including iPhone, iPod touch, iPad from iTunes 12/11 LIBRARY. Or you may sync the video to iPad iPhone iPod. After that, you have successfully transferred DVD video from iTunes to iOS device for playback.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Best fastest DVD ripper and converter to convert any of your store-bought or homemade DVDs to iTunes format, as well as MP4, H.264, HEVC, MKV, AVI, WMV, MPEG, MOV, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc. It avoids a time-costing ripping process with the fastest speed. Also enable you to 1:1 copy DVD to ISO image/folder/MPEG-2 file with original quality.