Windows Media Video (WMV) is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. The original codec, known as WMV, was originally designed for Internet streaming applications, as a competitor to RealVideo.
WMV is one of the default video formats Windows Movie Maker supports. So If you've got some awesome DVDs and want to convert your DVDs for editing in Windows Movie Maker, all you need is a DVD ripper for converting DVD to WMV. Or if you would like to enjoy DVD movies on your Android, HTC, Samsung, Galaxy Tab, a DVD to WMV converter can also solve your problem.
So how to convert DVD to WMV is not so hard any more. You just need to choose a best DVD ripper to convert DVD to WMV.
There are at least six factors should be taken into your considerations, including:
1. The ability to convert DVD to WMV. This of course should be the first factor we should think about.
2. Output video quality. I guess no one like watching obscured videos after spending his valued time to convert a DVD.
3. Speed also. Time is especially important for modern people. So DVD ripper with fast converting speed is what users are pursuing for.
4. Price. For many users, this might be the first thing they care. And most of them prefer DVD ripper freeware to solve their problem.
5. Clean. No virus, adware, spyware, etc.
6. Advanced functions. For advanced users, they also would like to try the advanced feature to make a stylish video, such as adding subtitle, adjust parameters, change video file size, trim video segment, and so on.
Conclusion, a powerful yet free DVD ripper with high quality and speed is the right one. WinX Free DVD Ripper might be the best choice for you to fulfill all your needs.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
WinX DVD Ripper is a powerful and free DVD converter software, which not only works as DVD to WMV Converter, but also supports converting DVD to all other popular video formats in the market, such as convert DVD to MP4, AVI, FLV, MOV, MPEG, MPEG1/2, VOB etc. Here we mainly focus on how to Convert DVD to WMV on Windows (10).
Follow is the basic guide for you to convert a DVD movie to WMV video:
1. Import DVD Disc
Insert DVD disc into DVD-ROM. Launch WinX DVD Ripper and click "DVD Disc" button to load DVD movie contents. Also, you can take DVD folder as source.
2. Select WMV as Output Format
Choose the DVD title you want to convert WMV after all titles are loaded and then tap "to WMV" button. There is a parameter panel shown to you. You can adjust video/audio quality, frame rate, resolution etc, for getting a bette WMV video.
Besides mainstream video formats, this DVD freeware is also available to convert DVDs to MP3 Music, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, HTC, Samsung and PSP.
3. Set Destination Folder
Click "Browse" button in output setting area, select a destination folder in the dialog box that opens, and click OK.
4. Start Converting DVD to WMV
After finishing the above settings, click "Start" button on the main interface to begin converting DVD movie to WMV.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
• An all-in-one DVD Ripping solution, fully supports normal DVDs and protected DVDs;
• 1:1 DVD copy enabling you to backup DVDs with original video, audio and subtitles within only 5 minutes;
• Rip different DVDs to iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Xbox, PS3/4 and more.
For PC and Mac only. Go to mobile page.
May Watt is a member of Digiarty. She offers a bunch of tips of how to handle multimedia files (DVD, video files, music etc.) and keeps her focus on tech news about Apple, Google, GoPro, Drone and more.