AVI is one of the most common digital video formats. Many digital cameras and camcorders use AVI format for motion video. Then how do you take a movie that is stored on your hard drive in AVI format and burn it to disk so that you can watch it on a standard DVD player? This is really a problem if you would like to share interesting videos on your computer with friends and family members. This article will provide a quick guide on free burning AVI to DVD.
To put normal videos like AVI videos to DVD, you need professional DVD creation software to convert and burn AVI to DVD.
Look at three things: ease of use, features, and price. If an AVI to DVD creation program is so complex and difficult that you will never learn it well enough to actually produce anything useful, it's the wrong video creation software for you. Whatever you choose must, at minimum, have the critical features you need for your movie. If you do not intend to become an expert at creating movies, you may not need too many features. But if you cannot string together all the things you want in your movie, you should find another video creation program. And if you would never be able to afford the video creation software, it is the wrong program for you.
The Best Free AVI to DVD Converter - WinX DVD Author
This free AVI to DVD converter facilitates you to convert any AVI videos to DVD with ease. Additionally, it also supports converting other video formats such as MP4 and MKV to DVD.
As its name indicates, Free WinX DVD Author is all-in-one DVD creation software which can convert and burn AVI, WMV, DivX, MPEG, XviD, RMVB, ASF, MP4, MKV, etc. files to DVD with fast speed and high quality. You can easily edit video by clipping and creating DVD menu & chapter menu. It also supports to add background music and pictures.
All in all, WinX DVD Author is an easy-to-use free program which possesses all the necessary features to create vivid DVDs. With this DVD creation software, it would be a piece of cake to convert and burn AVI video to DVD.
From above, we know that Free WinX DVD Author supports most of the commonly used video formats, but we only take converting AVI to DVD for an example in this article.
Step 1: Run this Free DVD creation software.
Insert a blank DVD and run Winx DVD Author, the main interface will pop up. Click Video DVD Author button to enter second step.
Step 2: Set up source AVI video files.
1. Click Add Files (+) button to add AVI videos into source list. You can add more than one AVI video at one time if you need.
2. Right click the source clip and you can find the options to move up/down, delete source video, add subtitle file, etc in the list.
3. Then click Next step button (>>).
Step 3: Create DVD menu and chapter menu to personalize your DVD.
Now clips will be shown on the preview area.
1. You can choose background picture in the list or use your own picture to personalize your DVD background by clicking
2. Create title menu: Double click "Title Menu" then you can change the picture of title menu. Click to add text for title menu then double click to edit.
3. Create chapter menu: Click "Chapter Menu" to create chapter menu for selected clip in preview area. Click to add text for chapter menu then double click text to edit it.
4. Add background music by clicking.
Step 4: DVD builder
1. Choose the output folder.
2. Select writable DVD Driver.
3. Select the output DVD format.
4. Click "Start" button to begin the AVI to DVD conversion and burning task.
Only several simple steps, Free WinX DVD Author could help you convert and burn AVI video to DVD fast and easily.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate burning copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Donna Peng has been working as a copywriter in Digiarty Software for many years. She has written loads of articles to help people handle their DVDs, videos and other stuff.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein is not developed by or affiliated with Digiarty Software.