I am really attracted by Apple TV 4 and very much looking forward to it after gleaning info about its new features. So, what is the release date of Apple TV 4? Besides, one of my friends told me to remember to jailbreak the Apple TV (4) if possible since a jailbroken Apple TV is much better than a non-jailbroken one. What I want to know is the upsides of jailbreaking Apple TV 4 and the concrete tutorial.
According to the latest sources, those who want to order the new device day one may have to patiently wait a bit longer because Apple TV 4 might hit Apple's online store in the first week of November as opposed to the end of October promised by Apple earlier.
Advantages of Jailbreaking Apple TV 4
It is highly recommended to jailbreak your Apple TV 4 once you get one since the benefits of jailbreaking an Apple TV have been universally admitted. With a jailbroken Apple TV 4, you can:
1. Get XMBC. You don't have to pay any cable fees and get stream from tons of new sources, including those that Apple prohibits you from knowing about!
2. Open and play media files that are incompatible with a non-jailbroken TV 4, such as .AVI, .MKV and more, or you can use a video converter to convert those files.
3. Use various USB devices with your ATV.
4. Make a better use of your iPhone or iPad by using it as a HD remote control for your Apple TV.
5. Surf the web with a browser on your Apple TV.
6. Quickly download subtitles for all of your favorite movies and shows.
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 4?
As per tradition, It would be impossible to jailbreak it the instant Apple TV 4 goes on sale. However, there have been lots of viable tutorials teaching you how to jailbreak the currently available Apple TV (all models, 1, 2, AND 3!), which would also be of use given the fact that the jailbreak of Apple TV 4 would be next to impossible to diverge from the related technologies and methods that have been fully matured and perfected over the last couple of years. So, feast your eyeballs on the step-by-step guidance below:
1. Download Seas0nPass from the FireCore website.
2. Unzip the Seas0nPass app and move it to your Applications folder.
3. Connect your Mac to the Apple TV using a USB Micro Cable.
4. Open the Seas0nPass app and click Create IPSW.
5. Press the Menu and Play/Pause buttons on the Apple TV remote control simultaneously (when prompted).
6. Click Done when Seas0nPass has finished jailbreaking your Apple TV 4.
7. Remove the USB cable, and connect your Apple TV to the television using the HDMI cable and power source. Turn on the Apple TV.