KeepVid is a site that allows people to download videos online. But as a site, it is not stable and inevitably down sometimes for various reasons. The latest down issue happened in early June of 2016. Many people reported over the internet that they couldn't visit keepvid.com.
What happened to keepvid.com? As of today, June 5, I get a bogus site. Is it temporarily stolen or permanently shut down? -- Yahoo Answers
Why KeepVid is down? Is it possible to fix this issue? Just read on to figure out these questions. If you're eager to download videos from online video sites, the following KeepVid alternative is worth a try.
If KeepVid is down, just try alternative - WinX YouTube Downloader which is available to free download any online videos from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, Facebook, Dailymotion and other 300+ video sharing sites easily. As a piece of software, this alternative is much stable than KeepVid. It is clean and safe to use. Windows 10 is also well compatible.
The reasons for KeepVid down can be various. KeepVid may be offline because of DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks, temporary server maintenance, temporary DNS (Domain Name System) issues, power outage, slow bandwidth connection, temporary downtime due to website transfer. Sometimes, KeepVid is just down for you. This may occur because your ISP blocks you.
So, why on earth KeepVid is down this time? Is it only for you or for anyone else? Since so many people are discussing this online, it seems that this time KeepVid is not working widely. As for the reasons, there're different versions. Many people deduced that KeepVid was probably hacked, while some guys believed that KeepVid is down because it got sued for allowing people to download online content. They made this conclusion in that there's a piece of news - YouTube threatens legal action against video downloader. But the real reason is currently unknowable.
Another strange thing is that we got information that KeepVid has been updated on June 5, and it is tested as up and reachable by using online website checker tool, but still inaccessible. Then, it seems that you need to try the following solutions to fix KeepVid not working issue.
When KeepVid is online but you are unable to visit it, you can try the following solutions.
1. Press and hold both Ctrl and F5 keys to force a full refresh for KeepVid.
2. Clear temporary cache and cookies on your browser, and then open KeepVid.com again.
3. Disable a recently installed browser plug-in/add-on.
4. Disable or uninstall firewall software.
5. Clear your local DNS cache to grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. Windows users can finish it in 4 simple steps: Star > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter.
6. Change your DNS server, if KeepVid is down because your ISP has slow DNS server or the ISP block your access to KeepVid via DNS web filters. You can change to Google Public DNS. You just need to change the DNS servers IP addresses to 22.214.171.124 (primary) and 126.96.36.199 (secondary) and reset your Internet connection.
7. If KeepVid is down for you, but available for people in other regions, you can make use of VPN service to unblock access to KeepVid.
8. If above solutions are not workable or troublesome for you, you might as well try a KeepVid alternative. Maybe a site like KeepVid, such as Savefrom. Maybe a program that is also able to download videos from online sites, for example WinX YouTube Downloader.
WinX YouTube Downloader has many advantages. Firstly, it is 100% free and clean. You will never be pestered by virus, adware, spyware and the like. Secondly, it is stable and will be never down for you. Thirdly, it supports video/music download from 300+ video-sharing sites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and other popular sites. Fourthly, it can download all kinds of videos, including SD, HD, 4K, 8K and 3D videos. Last but not the least, this KeepVid alternative can finish online video download at faster speed owing to the support for Hyper-thread Technology.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.