Different from an external DVD writer, CD/DVD writer software means a free downloadable and easily usable disc burning program on Windows or Mac OS. Here I will introduce one of the best free DVD writer apps supporting Windows OS from Windows 95 on up.
Some folks preferred writing a DVD in windows XP/7/8.1/10 using Nero, for example, in the want of downloading Nero 2015 (Platinum) 2015 for Windows 10. Nero AG has announced that they will release the final version of Windows 10 in the third quarter of 2015. But it turned out that Windows 10 does not actually support Nero 2015. Occasionally after installing Windows 10 (64 bit or 32 bit) to the computer, Nero 2015 did not transfer and showed the trial version. Assumedly, it will require an upgrade from 2014 to 2015, and 2015 to 2016 and further up.
To burn DVDs without installing Nero on Windows 8 or Windows 10 if your existing DVD writer is not working, please try the following solution.
WinX DVD Author, with a fast and robust burning engine, is a well-received DVD writer freeware released about ten years ago. It takes less than 1 hour to write a video to a full 4.2 GB DVD.
The Free Video to DVD Writing Software Includes Supports for:
• Accepting the input video formats ranging from MKV, MP4, FLV (YouTube), MPEG, MOV, RM, RMVB, H.264, AVI , Xivd, DviX, H264, 3GP, OGG, QT, VOB, etc;
• Burning rewritable DVD-5; embracing DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, DVD DL+R, DVD DL+/-RW;
• Outputting videos in disc, DVD folder or VOB file;
• Converting a video to DVD with music and images as background sources;
• Making DVD menu and subtitle (.srt) with just one click;
• Does not write videos to CDs or Blu-ray discs.
Hardware Supports of WinX Free DVD Writer Software:
• Interface: all current hardware interfaces (IDE/SCSI/USB/1394/SATA);
• TV: 4:3 standard TV & 16:9 widescreen TV;
• OS: Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10 – both 32 & 64 bit.
The step-by-step wizard will guide you to free DVD writing after you download and install WinX DVD Author on your Windows PC. Insert an empty Digital Versatile Disc into your DVD writable drive before the following steps.
1. Choose "Video DVD Author" option on the UI if you have video files to burn into DVDs. This feature helps you directly create DVD disc from video files with DVD subtitle and menus.
2. Load one or more video files: click the Add File "+" button to open any format of video file from your computer. You can continue adding more by repeating the operation. Also, you can change the order of files, delete loaded videos, and add subtitle files via the buttons listed on the bottom. Then just tap the ">>" button to proceed.
3. You can choose or add a background picture, background text and music to the videos, and you can even add by "Title Menu" and "Chapter Menu".
4. After hitting the ">>" button on this interface, you are allowed to edit the DVD burner, output folder, format (NTSC or PAL), encoder engine and so on. All you have to do after that is to click "Start" button and wait for a while until the software completes burning a DVD.
WinX DVD Author, the free DVD writer and burner, enables you to convert video to VOB, change VOB to DVD folder and burn DVD folder or VOB file to DVD discs.
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so. Still have some troubles about the best free DVD writer software and how to use it to write DVD? Please feel free to Email US >>
How to Burn/Copy a DVD to a DVD?
To clone a DVD to a blank new DVD, WinX DVD Copy Pro is the way to go: it offers fast and smooth DVD copy process to meet your personal DVD backup demand on Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and Windows 10. Several DVD copy modes to choose: DVD to DVD (D5 to D5; D9 to D9), DVD to ISO image or VIDEO_TS folder with full DVD Menus and Subtitles, DVD to MPEG2 file with main title yet intact movie content, ISO/folder to DVD and mount DVD ISO image.
Arlene Cooper is a self-motivated copywriter and editor in Digiarty Software, specializing in writing, proofreading and digging out inscrutable technology knowledge.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein is not developed by or affiliated with Digiarty Software.