Possibly, some accident situations happen on your iOS devices, lost, stolen, damaged and so on. Before those disasters are coming, you may have taken a backup of essential data like contacts, photos, music to iTunes, iCloud or computer. Once you got a new device, what you do first is to recover iOS (10) data from backup. How to? For rookies who have trouble with iOS data recovery, we can make all clear about how to restore data from iTunes/iCloud backup or other backups to iOS device.
Apple pushed out iTunes and iCloud for iDevices users to conveniently store and restore data of iPhone, iPad, iPod. It is not a hard task but deadly simple to recover iOS (10) data from iTunes and iCloud backup following the guides.
▪ Make sure you have copied all data of your device to iTunes and open it on computer.
▪ Plug in the new device to computer via a USB cable. A message asking you if trusting this computer will be shown on device screen. Tap trust to make the connection successful. | Windows 10 not detecting iPhone error
▪ Now, your device appears in iTunes. Click the iPhone, iPad, or iPod icon to enter device info page. If your iPhone is not connecting to iTunes, please check solutions here.
▪ Move to Backups section and click "Restore Backup…". Select the most appropriate backup by checking date and size. Confirm device name and click Restore to start iOS data recovery.
▪ To recover iOS data from iCloud backup is a bit complicated. First of all, you should remove all data from your device. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
▪ After that, you are required to perform setup process following onscreen steps. When you go to Apps & Data screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup option.
▪ Connect Wi-Fi and sign in iCloud with Apple ID. Choose the most relevant backup and iOS data recovery will start automatically.
▪ Note: Please keep Wi-Fi connected unless the process is completely finished.
We should alert you that iTunes only restore all backup contents at once so that you are not allowed to select certain items to recover, while iOS data recovery from iCloud backup requires an uninterrupted network and the data size should not exceed iCloud storage.
WinX MediaTrans, a well-developed file transfer program, concentrates on syncing media files between iDevice and computer. It allows you to select certain videos, songs to import from computer to iPhone, iPad, iPod at an extremely fast speed. Videos in any format will be converted to iOS (10) compatible formats during transfer and rotated from vertical to horizontal for a full-screen playback.
In turn, WinX MediaTrans can help you copy selectable photos, videos, music, ringtones, e-books, Voice Memos, iTunes U, podcast from iPhone, iPad, iPod to computer in a few clicks. Besides media data recovery, it can be a music editor to modify metadata of a song (including title, artist, album and year), create playlist, delete unwanted music. It also enables you to delete photo albums, songs, videos etc, on iOS devices directly to free up space. What's more, it can turn iDevice to be a portable USB drive to store any kinds of file, Word, Excel, PDF, PPT and more.
[Fixes] iPhone 7 not Restoring Backup from iTunes/iCloud
If you get trouble of iPhone 7 backup restore, this page can explain why your iPhone 7 can't restore backup from iTunes/iCloud and give fixes of how to solve iPhone 7 not restoring backup error.
[Fixed] Windows 10 Not Detecting/Recognizing iPhone 7/6S
Here is a full collection of practical solutions to fix iPhone connecting errors like iPhone not showing up in Windows (10) or both Windows 10 and iTunes can't recognize iPhone, etc.
Best iOS Transfer Software Free Download for PC/Mac
Free download stellar iOS (10) transfer software for Windows (10) and Mac to handle all your iOS transfer needs, incl. transfer photos from iPhone to PC, transfer music from iPhone to computer, etc.
iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes®, Mac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in U.S. and other countries. This website is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc.