Possibly, some accident situations happen on your iOS devices, lost, stolen, damaged and so on. Before those disasters are coming, you may have taken a backup of essential data like contacts, notes, photos to iTunes, iCloud or computer. Once you got a new device, what you do first is to recover iOS (10) data from backup. How to? For rookies who have trouble with iOS data recovery, we can make all clear, restoring from iTunes/iCloud backup or other backups.
Apple pushed out iTunes and iCloud for iDevices users to conveniently store and restore data of iPhone, iPad, iPod. It is not a hard task but deadly simple to recover iOS (10) data from iTunes and iCloud backup following the guides.
▪ Make sure you have copied all data of your device to iTunes and open it on computer.
▪ Plug in the new device to computer via a USB cable. A message asking you if trusting this computer will be shown on device screen. Tap trust to make the connection successful.
▪ Now, your device appears in iTunes. Click the iPhone, iPad, or iPod icon to enter device info page. If your iPhone is not connecting to iTunes, please check solutions here.
▪ Move to Backups section and click "Restore Backup…". Select the most appropriate backup by checking date and size. Confirm device name and click Restore to start iOS data recovery.
▪ To recover iOS data from iCloud backup is a bit complicated. First of all, you should remove all data from your device. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
▪ After that, you are required to perform setup process following onscreen steps. When you go to Apps & Data screen, select Restore from iCloud Backup option.
▪ Connect Wi-Fi and sign in iCloud with Apple ID. Choose the most relevant backup and iOS data recovery will start automatically.
▪ Note: Please keep Wi-Fi connected unless the process is completely finished.
We should alert you that iTunes only restore all backup contents at once so that you are not allowed to select certain items to recover, while iOS data recovery from iCloud backup requires an uninterrupted network and the data size should not exceed iCloud storage.
WinX MediaTrans, a well-developed file transfer program, concentrates on syncing media files between iDevice and computer. It allows you to select certain videos, songs to import from computer to iPhone, iPad, iPod at an extremely fast speed. Videos in any format will be converted to iOS (10) compatible formats during transfer and rotated from vertical to horizontal for a full-screen playback.
In turn, WinX MediaTrans can help you copy selectable photos, videos and music from iDevice to computer within a few clicks. Besides media file transfer and retrieval, it can also be a music editor to modify metadata of a song (including title, artist, album and year), create playlist, delete unwanted music. What's more, it can turn iDevice to be a portable USB drive to store any kinds of file, Word, Excel, PDF, PPT and more.
iCloud Backup Restore Ultimate Guide: How to and Error Fix
We'd like to share this ultimate guide of how to restore from iCloud backup. Also, some tips will be given if you encounter errors when restoring backup from iCloud.
iPhone iTunes iOS Android Errors & Solutions
This page, with all solutions we've gleaned, will help deal with iPhone iPad storage power security errors, iOS (10)/Android update problems, iTunes and other software/apps errors, etc.
iOS 10 vs iOS 9: New Features, Updates and More Changes
Will iOS 10 overwhelm iOS 9? What're differences between the two systems? An iOS 10 vs iOS 9 comparison checklist is shown including new features, updates and other changes from iOS 9 to iOS 10.
iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes®, Mac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in U.S. and other countries. This website is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc.