Q: When I connect iPhone to computer, my computer doesn't recognize my iPhone and the iPhone is not showing up on computer at all. I use a PC running on Windows 10. What's wrong? How to fix iPhone not connecting to computer problem? I urgently need to export some precious photos and recorded 4K videos in my iPhone to computer hard drive to release some space for my iPhone. Help please.
To transfer files like photos or music between iPhone and computer, normally people will do it by connecting iPhone to computer via USB together with using iTunes or other iPhone transfer programs. But some of you may encounter iPhone not connecting to computer successfully problem in the first step. Find what measures you can take to let your iPhone appear on computer smoothly.
Basic steps you can take to deal with computer not recognizing iPhone:
1. Unplug and connect your iPhone to computer for several times. Because sometimes the connection may be in loose/bad contact.
2. Plug out the iPhone and reboot your computer.
3. Check whether your iPhone is turned on. Try to restart the iPhone and it may fix some glitches.
4. Remove old iTunes and go to download and install the latest version of iTunes.
5. If you see a "Trust this Computer" alert, unlock your iPhone and tap "Trust".
6. Use one of USB ports on the back of your computer. If it doesn't work, try each USB port of computer to see if one works.
7. Try another new USB cord, since sometimes the cable may have been damaged and go kaput, which may also cause your iPhone not showing up on computer. Better use original Apple USB cable.
8. Connect your iPhone with another computer to see if it is working well. The USB port on your computer may have been damaged.
If you have tested all the basic solutions, the computer still can't recognize your iPhone. Try these advanced measures below to fix iPhone not connecting to computer.
1. If your iPhone can be charged when connected to computer, but is not shown up in computer or detected by iTunes. Try disable firewalls or third-party safety software of your computer temporarily to see if the problem of iPhone not connecting to PC can be solved.
2. Check whether the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is well-installed and active. If it's outdated, try to update the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. If it's still not working, try to restart Apple Mobile Device Service.
Even if the iPhone not connecting to computer problem is perfectly solved, you may also face the dilemma of iTunes not recognizing your iPhone or unable to sync media between computer and iPhone with iTunes. Besides, using iTunes to sync music from computer to iPhone, it will delete all your iPhone original music, songs, playlists, ringtones. Thus, is there any reliable way to help sync music from computer to iPhone without iTunes? Still, what if I want to import photos from iPhone to computer to release the iPhone space? Except iTunes, any other stellar similar program can perfectly achieve these? Lucky for you, WinX MediaTrans can help you fulfill all of these iPhone transfer and backup needs flawlessly without iTunes.
- Without WiFi, easily transfer photos, music, videos, movies, iBooks, ringtones between computer and iPhone iPad at No.1 fast speed without any data loss. 1GB movie can be transferred within one minute. 1000 photos can also be exported from iPhone to computer in about one minute.
- Best iPhone iPad manager helps you manage, organize, add, delete, edit your iPhone iPad files with ease.
- Make free ringtone for iPhone 7/7 Plus with any favorite song. Make your iPhone as a hard disk to store any kind of file.
- Perfectly compatible with all iPhone iPad models, incl. iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone SE/5S/4S, iPad Pro, iPad Air 3/2, iOS 10/9.3/9/8, etc. as well as Windows 10/8/7/Vista, etc.
- World's No.1 fast transfer speed. Smooth and stable. 100% safe and clean.
Still have some trouble about iPhone not connecting to computer or transfer media between iPhone and computer? Please feel free to Mail Us >>
Common iPhone iTunes Problems Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
iPhone users often encounter iTunes cannot connect or sync file problems. Get the easiest troubleshooting here for any common iPhone iTunes screen/download/login/update/backup and connect problems.
iOS 10 Features: Top 8 New Features Apple New iOS 10 Has
Check all iOS 10 new features in this post to know its difference with iOS 9 and to decide whether upgrade to iOS 10 from iOS 9 or not.
Update to iOS 10 | iOS 10 Download and Update Guide
How to update to iOS 10 from iOS 9/9.3.2? Upgrade your iPhone iPad to new iOS 10. Detailed iOS 10 download and update guide. Everything about iOS 10 update.
iPhone®, iPod®, iPad®, iTunes®, Mac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in U.S. and other countries. This website is not owned by or affiliated with Apple Inc.