[2 Ways] How to Convert ASF to MP4 Fast and Easily
"Captured stream from internet in ASF container. Tried many tools to convert it to MP4 and all efforts failed. Some hangs at the beginning, some resulted in stuttery and unwatchable MP4 videos. How to convert an asf video to mp4 easily?"
If you have trouble converting ASF files to MP4 format, check this post. In this article, we'll to introduce 2 simple methods to helping you change the video format from ASF to MP4 without losing quality.
Table of Contents:
What is ASF?
Microsoft developed ASF (Advanced Systems Format) primarily for streaming and transmitting media over network. Like other video container format, ASF contains video, audio and some other data streams, like text, webpage, script commands and more. An ASF file commonly arrives with an extension .asf, .wma or .wmv which varies from the content encoded with Windows Media Audio and/or Windows Media video codecs. Windows Media Player and some other 3-rd party players with pre-installed ASF codec (like VLC) can well support ASF playback. However, most portable devices give no support for ASF files.
What is MP4?
MP4 format is commonly used to store video and audio streams, including subtitles and still images. It is much widely acceptable by online video streaming services, mobiles, SNS and video editing software. To convert ASF to MP4 is the best choice for movable enjoying your ASF movies/videos on iPhone, iPad, Android etc. Therefore, you'd better transcode ASF to MP4 to implement video uploading and editing missions.
If you want a fast and super stable ASF to MP4 conversion experience, or if you have a ASF video which is large in size, or if you care about the output quality, we recommend you video converter software for desktop. Try WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe:
Rating: ★★★★★ Supported OS: Windows (10 or earlier), macOS (Big Sur or earlier)
- Convert ASF to MP4 and other popular formats like AVI, MOV, FLV, 3GP, WebM and 370+ video/audio codecs.
- Efficiently transfer ASF videos to iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile, Xbox, Sony PlayStation, smart TVs, etc.
- With High Quality Engine, this ASF to MP4 converter can optimize images and audios of output video.
- With hardware encoder (Intel QSV, Nvidia CUDA/NVENC), Hyper-threading tech and Multi-core CPU utility, it ensures No.1 fast ASF to MP4 conversion speed.
- It is friendly to users at all levels from tech newbies to veterans with fairly accessible interface and operation. Totally clean and safe program, no annoying or malicious "extra".
How to Convert ASF to MP4 with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
After you have this ASF to MP4 converter installed on your computer, follow the steps to perform the transcoding process.
Step 1. Launch WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and click +Video button to load the target ASF file. Otherwise, drag and drop the file from hard drive to the converter window.
Step 2. Output Profile window appears. Go to General Profiles category on the left side and then select MP4 Video (Codec: h264+aac) as output profile. Click OK.
Step 3. Click Browse button to define a new destination folder to save output file. Now, click RUN button to start converting ASF to MP4. Soon, you will get a MP4 file and successfully play it on any players, devices and TVs.
- Other categories like Device Profile, Web Video Profile, PC/Mac General Video, DVD Profile, HD Video and to Music are provided. You can freely choose any desired device or video/audio format as output.
- If you want to batch convert videos, repeat step 1 and step 2 to add more files.
#2 How to Convert ASF to MP4 Easily Online
If you want a more convenient way to convert 3GP to MP4 rather than installing an application on computer, online video converters can satisfy you. Zamzar is one the most popular free online tools with the full support of 3GP to MP4 transcoding.
Zamzar announces supporting 1200+ different format embracing videos (ASF, MP4, AVI, 3GP, MOV, FLV etc.), audios, eBooks and images. As a web application, it indeed delivers a quite easy and handy way to transcode files. Open the site and you can get a step 1/2/3/4 guide on home page. The support is available as well helping check the reason why you can't convert files.
How to Convert 3GP to MP4 with Zamzar
Step 1. Visit zamzar.com. Select Convert Files tab. Click Choose Files… button and add ASF file from your local computer.
Step 2. Then move to Step 2, click Convert to dropdown menu and select MP4 format. Then click the Convert Now.
Step 3. It will start uploading your ASF files to the site and convert it once loaded. It may take from seconds to minutes based on the size of your video. After the ASF video is converted to MP4, there will be a Download button for you to save the MP4 videos to local.
- Zamzar only accepts the target file less than 50MB. Or, you should pay a plan (started at $9/month) to convert a larger ASF file to MP4.
- The conversion speed is deeply affected by network condition. A bad network will waste you a lot of time to transcode a small video file. Certainly, you can't convert anything if there is no network.
FAQ More Info about ASF and MP4
1. Can VLC play ASF files?
Yes, VLC can play and even encode ASF files in .asf, .wmv or .wma. Other programs that can open ASF videos include Microsoft Windows Media Player, PotPlayer, Winamp, GOM Player, and many more.
2. How to play ASF videos on Mac
ASF (Microsoft Advanced Streaming Format) is a proprietary codec of Microsoft. Therefore, both QuickTime or iMovie will have trouble recognizing it. To play asf on Mac, there are two ways. Frist, switch to another media player like VLC, MPlayer. Or, convert the asf videos to MP4 or MOV for Mac.
3. Which is the best asf to mp4 converter?
When converting a small ASF files to MP4 with a good network for once, online video converter is seemingly the most appropriate tool. But if you have dozens of HD videos which should be transcoded, video converter software can offer a more steady and speedy performance. Well, all depend on you.
Related external sources:
 ASF: Advanced Systems Format (formerly Advanced Streaming Format, Active Streaming Format) is Microsoft's proprietary digital audio/digital video container format, especially meant for streaming media. ASF is part of the Media Foundation framework...
 MP4: MPEG-4 Part 14 or MP4 is a digital multimedia container format most commonly used to store video and audio, but it can also be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images...
Still have question on how to convert ASF to MP4, please feel free to Mail Us >>