How to Convert Video to Audio on Win (10)/Mac: 2 Ways Will be Provided
We can get assorted reasons for video to audio conversion. Someone tries to extract amazing sound effects from a movie/TV show for setting as background music of home-made video. Someone just wants to garner track of a music video for less resources consuming while playback on devices. In order to extract desired audios from all sorts of videos, it is necessary to take full advantage of reliable video to audio converter software. In this article, we will introduce 2 ways to convert video to audio in MP3, FLAC and more popular formats on Windows (10) PC and Mac.
Part 1. How to Free Convert Video to Audio File with VLC Media Player
VLC is not only a tool for playing video, audio, DVD, and other media, but also a program that can extract audio from video file as MP3, FLAC, WAV, or OGG format. It isn't a complicated task for VLC.
Now let's check the steps.
1. Open VLC, click "Media" on the top menu, and then click "Convert / Save" or use shortcut keys CTRL+R.
2. A small window named "Open Media" will pop up. Here you should click "+ Add" button to import the video you want to convert to audio format.
3. Click "Convert / Save" at the bottom right corner.
4. "Convert" panel appears. Under "Settings", in "Profile" choose Audio - MP3, Audio - FLAC, Audio - Vorbis (OGG), or Audio - CD based on your own needs. Click the wrench icon and you will find that WAV can also be the encapsulation and there're MPEG Audio, MPEG 4 Audio (AAC), A52/AC-3, Opus, Speex, and WMA2 as audio codecs.
5. Hit "Browse" to specify destination and click "Start" to begin converting video to audio. You should be able to see a progress bar at the bottom of VLC. Once the bar reaches the end, open the destination folder and you will find the audio file you just extract from video.
Watch video tutorial: How to convert video to audio using VLC media player
Although VLC is a good video to audio converter, some users have reported some problems.
I'm trying to create an MP3, and all I get is a text/edit file, over and over.
I've been trying to convert an MP4 to an MP3 for about a day now, and everytime I do it, it ends up being an MP3 file that doesn't have anything on it, 0 length.
I'm trying to convert MP4 to MP3, but despite choosing MP3, after selecting destination folder, it only allows me to have MP4 file.
I converted vlc audio to mp3 and all the tracks are either jittery or skip.
It tries to repeat the conversion over and over and gets stuck.
Covert process is very slow.
I used to be able to convert video to mp3 but now I get a message stating that the output file already exists. I click overwrite and I get the same response.
If you can't fix VLC problems after updating to the newest version or adjusting settings, you can try WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
Part 2. How to Convert Video to Audio File with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is qualified to be the best video to audio converter which not only boasts its ability to convert a diverse of video formats MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, 3GP etc, to audios including MP3, AAC, AC3, FLAC, WMA, WAV, M4R (iPhone Ringtone) and more owing to integrated 370+ video & audio codec, but delivers high fidelity sound of audio file and an ace conversion speed thanks to Hyper-threading, level-3 Hardware Acceleration (Intel, Nividia, AMD) Tech and Multi-core Support.
Besides local videos, it can download and convert online videos from 1000+ sites (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion) to MP3, FLAC, AAC, and more, in a few clicks.
Apart from converting video to audio, WinX HD Video Converter can handle 8K/4K/HD video compression while keeping possible highest quality and video to device conversion task making any videos play on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and so on without trouble. In addition, users can freely extract track clips by trimming the video, customize audio parameters like bit rate, sample rate, channel to pursue a better output effect.
To extract sound from video with WinX HD Video Converter, you should:
1. Download and install WinX converter on your Windows (10) PC or Mac.
Free download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe for Windows
Free download WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
2. Launch this video to audio converter, and then click "+ Video" button to import the video you want to convert to audio. You can load multiple videos for batch conversion.
3. On Output Profile, click "to Music", and now choose a desired audio profile. Available choices include MP3, AAC, iPhone Ringtone M4R format, AC3, WMA, AIFF, CAF, DTS, OGG, AU, RA, WAV (Lossless Audio), FLAC (Lossless Audio) and ALAC (Lossless Audio).
4. Click the gear icon and you can tweak audio bitrate and sample rate. Click through to "Edit" -> "Trim", and you can specify an exact portion of the video to convert to target audio format.
5. Hit "Browse" button to set destination folder (hard drive or connected device) to save the extracted audio file and then click "RUN" button to start conversion process with this best video to audio converter.
1. "VLC How to Extract Audio". Wiki.videolan.org