◆ How do I record screen on my Mac? I'd like to upload the recorded video onto YouTube.
◆ How can I record in game sound when screen recording (MAC)? I have a Mac and when I use a screen recorder there's no option to record the built in sound that is coming from the computer. Is there anything I could download?
Wanna record screen on Mac but have no clue about how, or just like the situation in the question - cannot record screen with sound? It's pretty sure that many people are in the same boat, so this post will show you three tools to easily create screencasting videos, record Mac-based video (how-to) demos/presentations/instructions.
OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan (new macOS Sierra included)
How to Record Screen on Mac with WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
If you're fed up with seeking solution to QuickTime cannot record Mac screen with audio, or intend to download an external tool for help, all-in-one WinX Screen Recorder for Mac is a good bet to recommend. The screen audio can be recorded and the video framerate/quality is flexible to fine tune.
Step 1. Run WinX HD Video Converter for Mac, click "Screen Recorder" button on the top right section, then the Mac Screen Recorder window will show up.
Step 2. Mac screen recording settings
• Choose Session Preset level/drag the framerate scroll slider to determine the video quality.
• Select "System Sound" in Audio Device to record screen on Mac with audio.
• Target video saving folder/Countdown time is free to define.
• Crop a specific area to record or just check "Keep full screen".
Step 3. Hit "Start Record" blue button, the screen recorder for Mac will begin capturing the streaming video. No time restriction. No noticeable quality loss. Finally, you can get videos captured with voice or audio in good quality.
Better still, if the video is just made for uploading online in MP4/FLV/3GP etc., you can just check "Add recorded movie to convert list" option to jump to the profiles window to set the output device/video format to convert based upon your needs. Besides being a motion-capture tool, this software also acts as online video downloader and video converter.
How to Record Screen on Mac with QuickTime Player
Needless to say, QuickTime player is the most convenient screen recorder software for Mac OS X. Because it's the default video player for Mac, and you can easily record screen activity on Mac with only a few clicks:
1. Open QuickTime in Application folder.
2. Select "New Screen Recording" at File menu, and then a small black recording window will pop up.
3. Do Microphone/Mouse clicks settings if necessary. Click the red button in the center to start Mac screen recording. Here you can adjust/drag the section to capture.
4. Once the recording is over, hit the red button or just pressing "Shift+Command+Escape" shortcuts to stop it, and save the video (in .mov format) to place like desktop. Afterwards, you can do some video editing work or share video to YouTube, Video, Facebook.
* QuickTime player cannot record mac screen with sound the computer is producing, except with the assistant of built-in microphone or an additional third-part programs like Soundflower. Get the audio recording helper installed, just check it after at the Microphone option after clicking the little triangle icon on the top right at Step 2.
* In order to prevent the copyrighted media from breaking, DVD movie or DRM-protected videos are restricted to be recorded by video capture software, unless you rip the protected DVD/video first.
OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 and higher, including Mountain Lion
ScreenFlow is often regarded as the best Mac screen recording software for its power to record everything in the higest quality. ScreenFlow automatically grabs the audio played on device in captured video and you can set the frame rate to adjust screen recording image quality. What deserve to be mentioned is that the latest version ScreenFlow 5 introduced new feature of recording very recent iOS (10) screen actions via a lightning cable connected to Mac OS X. ScreenFlow enables user to add touch callouts, SRT titles, annotations, transitions, video/audio actions, and export batch video.
In addition to record every move/record screen on Mac, WinX HD Video Converter for Mac can also free download SD/720P/1080P HD/4K/8K/3D videos, full movies and songs from 300+ online video sites, including YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo, etc., create photo slideshow, record camera video.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.