WMV, short for Windows Media Video, is a compressed video file format for several proprietary codecs developed by Microsoft. It is the default video format Windows Media Player supports. Users can also edit the WMV video by Windows Movie Maker. So how to backup the WMV videos you edit? To store in DVD is the best way. Since the capacity of DVD is large enough for a couple of WMV videos. Then how to convert WMV to DVD, burn WMV to DVD? Is there any free WMV to DVD Converter can easily convert WMV videos to DVD disc?
WinX DVD Author is Free yet powerful DVD authoring software. It converts all popular video to DVD, including AVI to DVD, FLV to DVD, MP4 to DVD, as well as WMV to DVD and more. By converting WMV videos to DVD, you can play the collected videos with your DVD player with wide screen and better performance.
To convert WMV to DVD with WinX DVD Author Free is very easy. The basic steps are as following:
Step 1: Install and run this DVD author.
First thing you should do is to download free WinX DVD Author. Launch it after installment. Then, insert a blank DVD disc into DVD-ROM. Please click Video DVD Author button on main interface to enter the second step.
Step 2: Setup source video files (clips):
1. Click Add Files (+) button to add WMV videos into source list. You can add more than one video files at one time if you need.
2. Right click the source clip and you can find the options to move up/down, delete source video, add subtitle file, etc in the list.
3. Then click to enter the next step.
Step 3: Create DVD menu and chapter menu to personalize your DVD.
Now clips will be shown on the preview area.
1. You can choose background picture in the list or use your own picture to personalize your DVD background by clicking
2. Create title menu: Double click "Title Menu" then you can change the picture of title menu. Click to add text for title menu then double click to edit.
3. Create chapter menu: Click "Chapter Menu" to create chapter menu for selected clip in preview area. Click to add text for chapter menu then double click text to edit it.
4. Add background music by clicking.
Step 4: Start converting WMV to DVD.
After specifying output folder, select writable DVD driveer and DVD format. At last, click "Start" button to create DVD from WMV videos.
Still have any trouble on how to convert WMV to DVD? Just feel free to Email Us >>
This Free WMV to DVD converter allows you to backup all you WMV videos to DVD easily in a few clicks. Thanks to the straightforward interface, anyone even a novice can learn how to WMV to DVD without guesswork. The output quality works great as the same with the original. You can are allowed to create DVD menu with this WMV to DVD converter to make the converted DVD more stylish.
Tip: In turn, if you want to convert your DVD collection to WMV videos for a backup, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum (advanced version of WinX Free DVD Ripper) is the best choice, which is capable of converting DVD to WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android, Windows Phone (10/8), Xbox, PS3/4 etc. With prefect support for Microsoft Windows OS and Mac OS. It is voted as the best DVD ripper for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and lower versions.