How to Solve DVD Shrink Won't Start Problem/Error with Free DVD Shrink Alternative
For some reason, DVD Shrink won't start on my system. I did an uninstall (twice) and a reinstall (twice). And when I double click on the icon, nothing happens except showing up as a process in task manager. I'd appreciate any clues in solving this problem ... or any other DVD ripping burning software that does the same shrinkage procedure if the problem can't be solved.
So many DVD Shrink users have been looking around for a safe DVDShrink alternative to solve DVDShrink won't start problem/error. So what is DVD Shrink? How could there be a "won't work problem" of DVDShrink and how to solve DVD Shrink won't open error? This tutorial here is to help you be clear on all that listed above.
About DVD Shrink
DVDShrink (DVD Shrink) is a well-known DVD transcoder program for Microsoft Windows users to free rip DVD and backup DVD movies, updating to its final version 126.96.36.199 on July 25, 2004. This freeware is designed to shrink source DVD onto recordable media with minimal loss of quality, during which copy protection or region code can be removed for you.
Why DVDShrink Won't Start on Your PC
First, you may encounter several types of DVD Shrink won't start problems, such as DVDShrink can't remove copy protections, DVD Shrink can't copy any Disney movies, DVD Shrink won't work on Windows 8, DVD Shrink can't open ISO files or VIDEO_TS folders and the like. And all that leads to your failing to copy DVD with DVDShrink. So what's the reason and any clues to solve these DVD Shrink won't start problems on PC? What if you want to rip DVD on Mac?
* For its ending of upgrade and lack of up-to-date decoding technology, DVD Shrink can't remove new copy protections that have come along, especially for Disney encrypted movies.
How to Rip Disney DVD
* Since this DVD shrinking software stopped developing, it cannot support the new Windows operating systems, while still running well on Windows XP/2000. That's why DVDShrink can't start or work well on Window 7 or windows 8. Besides, DVD Shrink needs to work with Nero (only old version, Nero 7 or lower), because it has no built-in DVD burning engine. It seems more complicated to use DVDShrink to rip and backup your DVD.
How to Use DVDShink to Burn DVD on Windows 8
* As mentioned before, DVDShrink won't start on Mac for it is designed for Windows only. If you want to rip your DVD movies on Mac, find a DVD Shrink Mac alternative.
How to Solve DVD Shrink Won't Work Problem
Since there is and there will be no update to DVD Shrink, DVDShrink won't start problem cannot be solved from within. But don't worry. Actually, there are some matchable DVD Shrink alternatives which can handle your DVD ripping burning requirements even better.
DVDShrink Won't Start Error Solution 1 - WinX DVD Author
WinX DVD Author is a free all-in-one DVDShrink alternative to solve your DVD Shrink won't start problem, which helps you to convert, author and burn all video files MKV, M2TS, M4V, MP4, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RM, RMVB, H.264, AVI from camcorder, webcam, Youtube, etc to VOB file, DVD Folder and DVD disc. With this free DVD creator, you can create DVD chapter menu and subtitle as well as add background image and music easily, then burn your desired video to DVD with fast speed and high audio video quality.
DVDShrink Won't Open Solution 2 - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, the best DVD Shrink alternative for won't open problem, fully supports all Windows OS, including Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit). With unique technology, this DVD ripper can rip any new protected DVDs with DVD encryptions like DVD CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney X-project DRM. It supports DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO image file as input formats and there is absolutely no "won't open problem" for this DVDShrink alternative. The best part of this DVD ripping software is that it can rip your DVD fast and exactly to any formats or devices you want with support of multiple-CPU and various presets. Besides, editing features enable you to personalize your DVD by merging or cropping videos.
How to Use DVD Shrink Alternative to Remove New Copy Protection
1. Download the DVD Shrink Alternative on Windows or Mac.
2. Import original DVD disc, file or folder after install and launch it.
3. Select the destination folder.
4. Choose an output format.
5. Click button "RUN" to rip your DVD to computer hard drive.
* WinX DVD Ripper Platinum will automatically select the right title for you if you are ripping a protected Disney movie with 99 titles. But before you use this DVD Shrink alternative to rip or burn DVD movies, please refer to the the DVD copyright laws in your countries. And we do not endorse commercial use of DVD backup software.
Still have trouble about DVDShrink Won't Start Problem/Error? Please feel free to Email Us >>
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum: Advanced version of free WinX DVD Ripper. Besides converting DVD to AVI at fastest speed in excellent quality, also converting DVD to MP4, MPEG, MOV, WMV, FLV, M2TS, TS, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android, Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, Google, Sony, Nokia, Asus, Acer, etc. Makes perfect 1:1 DVD to ISO image/DVD folder copy and clone DVD to multi-track MPEG2 file with 5 minutes only. Constantly update to defeat upcoming DVD copy protections.
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac: Mac version WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, rip any DVD on Mac OS X Mavericks/Mountain Lion/Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard., convert DVD to MP4, H.264, MOV, M4V videos that are playable on Mac computer, as well as DVD to iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, iTunes, iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Air Playit, Android, etc.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe: Built in hundreds of A/V codecs and equipped with Photo Slideshow Maker and Website Video Downloader functions. As all-in-one HD Video Converter software, it helps you transcode HD video formats like convert AVCHD M2TS to MKV, convert Blu-ray to MKV, MKV to MP4, etc. Moreover, it is embedded with numerous profile settings for Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony, Microsoft portable devices, iOS, Android, Windows mobiles. Convert MKV to iPhone, convert MKV to iPad are good examples.
WinX HD Video Converter for Mac: Professional HD Video converter for converting HD Videos on Mac OS, provides the perfect solution to convert Blu-ray videos and videos from HDTV and HD camcorders, like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon to other formats. Also act as a Mac screen and camera video recorder, slideshow maker, YouTube video downloader, etc. Running perfectly on Mac OS X Mavericks/Mountain Lion/Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard.
DVDShrink on Windows 8: Use DVDShink to Burn DVD without Installing Nero on Windows 8
Best HandBrake Alternative: Best Handbrake Alternative to Rip Copy Convert Protected DVD
Format Factory Alternative: Download the Best Alternative/Advanced Edition of Format Factory
Free Studio Alternative: Advanced Edition of Free Studio Video Converter for Windows/Mac
Best MediaMonkey Alternative: Download Best Free MediaMonkey Alternative for Windows 8
YouTube Video Downloaders: Review on the Top 3 Best Free YouTube Video Downloaders for Windows 8
Free Rip Walt Disney DVDs: Free Convert Walt Disney Copy-protected DVDs to MP4 Digital Video
Related External Source
DVD Shrink - a freeware, DVD transcoder program for Microsoft Windows that uses a DVD ripper to back up DVD movies...
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
- WinX DVD Copy Pro
- WinX DVD Ripper for Mac
- WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
- WinX DVD to iPhone Ripper
- WinX iPhone Ripper for Mac
- WinX iPhone Video Converter
- WinX iPhone Converter for Mac
- WinX Bluray DVD iPad Ripper
- WinX DVD to iPad Ripper for Mac
- WinX iPad Video Converter
- WinX Mobile Video Converter