How to Convert WAV to MP3 on Windows 10
Convert WAV to MP3 on Windows 10 for Playback on Any Device
WAV  is the format perfect for raw audio files because it can preserve uncompressed quality. However, WAV features a bit large size and poor compatibility with portable devices. If you are concerned with the space storage and flexible playback on mobiles, it is suggested to convert WAV to MP3 , a more manageable and accessible format.
So, how to convert WAV to MP3 on Windows 10? That is the topic we will discuss here.
The Best Program to Convert WAV to MP3 on Windows 10
First of all, you need a tool to make a reality of WAV to MP3 conversion. VideoProc is the right helper, which is a desktop-based media processing program available for Windows (10) and macOS.
Download VideoProc to Convert WAV to MP3
• Platforms: Widnows 10 (32 & 64 bit) or lower; macOS Mojave or lower;
• Supported Inputs (Audios): WAV, MP3, AAC, AC3, AIFF, DTS, M4A, OGG, AMR, APE, RA, RAM, MP1, SPX...
Supported Inputs (Audios): MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, CAF, M4A, M4R
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
VideoProc employs a media transcoder to change audio and video format with ease. With a wide range of audio codecs, it can convert WAV audio files to MP3 or vice versa, and achieve conversion among AAC, AC3, FLAC, OGG, M4A etc. It supports batch conversion as well. You can change an array of WAV files to MP3 at one time. The "Merge" option allows you to join multiple WAV files into a single MP3 file. It also delivers fast conversion speed and hi-fi sound.
Customization setting tools are provided by this WAV to MP3 converter. You can adjust audio channel for getting the best audio playback effect with various speakers; lower bit rate to further compress audio. Although sample rate is adjustable, you’d better leave it as 44100 Hz (default) because it can give CD audio quality. Or, you can change it to 48000 Hz if you want to create a DVD audio disc. It also allows you to give a new name of the resulting file or modify the meta data (artist, album, genre, lyrics and more).
How to Convert WAV to MP3 on Windows 10
At the beginning, you should download and install VideoProc on your Windows 10 computer. Next, follow the steps to convert WAV to MP3.
Step 1. Launch this WAV to MP3 converter for Windows 10. Click "Video" button to access to the media transcoder window.
Step 2. Click "+ Music" button to import one or more WAV files.
Step 3. Move to "Music" tab on the bottom of the interface and Select "MP3" as output format. Otherwise, press "Target Format" button to get full output profiles. Go to "Music > MP3 > Done". As we mentioned above, you can convert the source WAV file(s) to other audio format, like AAC, AC3, FLAC, M4A, M4R (iPhone Ringtone) and more.
Step 4 (Optional). Click "Codec Option" and you will be redirected to the settings window.
• Under Format tab, you can change channel, sample rate or bit rate according to your needs.
• Under Name & Tag tab, you can rename the resulting file; fill in the information of artist, album, genre, comment and lyrics; and add an artwork as the media cover.
Step 5. Click "Browse" button to define a new destination folder if necessary.
Step 6. Click "RUN" button to start converting WAV to MP3 on Windows 10.
Online WAV to MP3 Converter? Not Recommended!
Actually, there are lots of online WAV to MP3 converters, for example media.io, zamzar. It brings a much convenient way to convert WMA to MP3 without installing a program. However, we should warn you that:
1. Internet connection is always required to get online WAV to MP3 converters worked.
2. The converters may run very slowly if there is a bad network connection.
3. You need to download the resulting file from the website.
4. It is not so reliable and safe to use online audio WAV to MP3 converter. Adverts, pop-up and even unknown malicious stuff may happen.
Related External Sources from Wiki:
 WAV - Waveform Audio File Format (WAVE, or more commonly known as WAV due to its filename extension;) (rarely, Audio for Windows) is a Microsoft and IBM audio file format standard for storing an audio bitstream on PCs....
 MP3 - MP3 (formally MPEG-1 Audio Layer III or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III) is a coding format for digital audio. Originally defined as the third audio format of the MPEG-1 standard, it was retained and further extended - defining additional bit-rates and support for more audio channels—as the third audio format of the subsequent MPEG-2 standard...
What's More Can VideoProc Do?
• Video Transcoder: Transcode videos to HEVC, H.264, AVI, MOV, 3GP etc, with ease.
• Video Downloader: Download music, movies from 1000+ sites with original quality.
• Also plays as a video editor, DVD converter, and screen recorder.