Windows 10 supports for various subtitle formats for videos natively, including SSA, ASS and SRT. That's really a piece of good news for those guys who'd like to play videos movies with subtitles on Windows 10 for learning foreign language or better understanding the story line. But before enjoying videos with subtitles, the first thing you may need to do is add subtitles to the videos. If you happen to need to insert external subtitle, this article committing to provide solution to add subtitles to videos/movies/TV episodes in AVI, MP4, MKV, etc, on Windows 10 can do you a big favor.
With WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, you can easily add SRT subtitles to movies/videos/TV episodes in any format, including MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV and more, on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Apart from googling a subtitle for a movie or TV episode, you can also find your desired subtitle from many popular subtitle provider websites. Here, we list top 4 subtitle download sites where you can find a great number of subtitles in multiple languages and different subtitle formats for millions of films and TV shows.
1. Moviesubtitles. org (total subtitles: 87,476; movies:11,557; downloads:19,793,413)
2. OpenSubtitles (Now it has 3,360,958 subtitles for downloading. Besides, this site also comes with many other features, like upload, request, etc.)
3. Download.hr/subtitles.html (Simply type in the movie name, choose language to begin searching and downloading a subtitle.)
4. Subscene.com (Also available for uploading and rating a movie subtitle.)
If you want to add subtitle to a self-made video, you can create a srt subtitle file with a text editor like Notepad and then add it using a subtitle adder.
To attach subtitle on a video or movie, you first need a subtitle adder like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. With this tool, you are able to:
* Add SRT subtitles to videos in MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, and other popular formats;
* Insert SRT subtitles to videos without changing video format;
* Embed external SRT subtitles to videos and also convert the videos to other formats;
* Add subtitles on Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
FYI: SRT (SubRip) is one of the most widely used formats for subtitles. It is accepted by many media players, some hardware home media players, subtitle editors and also YouTube.
Step-by-step guide to add subtitle to a video/movie
To begin with, you should download, install and launch WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on Windows 10.
Step 1. Load the video/movie to the Windows 10 subtitle adder by clicking "+ Video" button.
Step 2. Once the video is imported, this tool will display a pop-up window named "Output Profile". Choose a file format same with the original to keep the original video format, or specify a different one to output the video with a new format.
Step 3. Click "Edit" -> press "Subtitle" -> check the box of "Enable Subtitle" -> check "Extra" and hit "Add" button to load the srt subtitle file you download or create before. Once loaded, just hit "Done" to go on.
Step 4. Hit "RUN" to begin and finish adding subtitle to a video on Windows 10.
After that, you will get a new video with subtitle embedded, and play it with a Windows 10 video player.
All-in-one Subtitle Software - WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
- Add SRT subtitles to movies, TV shows, home-made videos; | Disable inner subtitles with one link permanently;
- The hardware encorder helps convert videos with subtitles to MP4, H264, AVI, MOV, MKV, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Sony PS3/4 and more at the No.1 fast speed;
- Free download movies/TVs/videos from 300+ sites; make phone slideshow videos, edit movie videos.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.