Almost all YouTubers have gone through video editing. Sometimes we need to edit videos for later uploading to YouTube, while sometimes we would like to edit videos downloaded from YouTube website for special purpose. Editing always involves 'crop', 'trim', 'merge', and others. To execute these video processing jobs, we have to rely on a video editing program. Previously, we could make use of YouTube's web video editor to make tweaks to our video projects.
However, this tool, along with Photo Slideshows, got the axe on September 20, 2017, because of limited usage. So now, we need to find out an alternative to online YouTube Video Editor. Well, which is the best video editor for YouTube? The answer has been provided below. In addition, here we will walk you through how to edit video for YouTube uploading as well as how to edit videos downloaded from YouTube with the recommended software.
Google already killed YouTube's built-in Video Editor, just find an alternative now!
- It comes with options to crop, expand, trim, merge, rotate, mirror & flip, split, denoise, deshake, add watermark, add special effects, convert videos for YouTube uploading, and more. Meanwhile, it can edit YouTube videos you downloaded.
- Almost all videos can be accepted for further editing. You can input 8K, 4K, HD, SD videos in MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, HEVC (H.265), AVCHD, M2TS, VOB, and others.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
After downloading and installing the best video editing software for YouTube, launch this tool, click Video to jump to Video Converter, and follow steps below to edit a video for uploading to your YouTube channel.
Step 1. Click "+ Video" button to import one or multiple videos you want to edit for uploading to YouTube.
Step 2. Click "Target Format", scroll down to "YouTube Video" and choose an output format.
According to YouTube supported upload formats, the developer of this video editor software has premade two optimized YouTube output profiles, namely, MP4 (codec: h264 + aac), and FLV (codec: h264 + mp3). You can choose any one you like.
Step 3. Edit the video(s) for YouTube.
• "Cut" enables you to trim off unwanted footage by dragging the bars or setting star time and end time point. Trimming and cropping are also good ways to reduce file size.
• "Crop" helps crop off unwanted area by dragging the frame or set details via provided options. >> See how to crop a YouTube video
• "Subtitle" allows you to search and add extra subtitle.
• "Effect" offers dozens of special effects which you can add to your video as well as empowers you to tweak brightness, contrast, saturation, hue and gamma.
• "Rotate" option can help you rotate your video to right or left 90, 180, 270 degree.
• "Watermark" lets you add text or image watermark to your video.
• "Merge" option is designed to assist joining multiple video clips into a single video file
• "Deshake" can stabilize your shaky GoPro videos.
• "Denoise" makes it easy to reduce disturbing noise.
• "Split" is a way to cut a large video into several small parts.
Besides, this YouTube Video Editor replacement allows users to tune video audio parameters, including video/audio codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, resolution and more.
If you want to know the best file size, best video resolution for YouTube, and are curious about how to export high quality YouTube video, please get answers from article "The Best Size for YouTube Video Uploading".
Step 4. When all settings are done, simply hit the blue "RUN" button located at the bottom right corner of this YouTube video editor to begin video processing instantly.
Apart from editing videos for YouTube uploading, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can edit videos downloaded from YouTube. And this job can be finished in 4 steps as well.
1. Input the YouTube video(s);
2. Specify an output;
3. Edit the YouTube video(s) by cropping, trimming, merging, etc;
4. Tap RUN to deliver output.
VideoProc - A YouTube Video Editor Alternative Can Do More Than You Think
Aside from above mentioned features, VideoProc can free download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ sites, convert videos among virtually all video formats, digitalize DVDs, record videos on or before screen for sharing online or other purposes.
Still have question on this YouTube video editing software for Windows (10) and Mac? Please feel free to Mail Us >>
Donna Peng has been working as a copywriter in Digiarty Software for many years. She has written loads of articles to help people handle their DVDs, videos and other stuff.