YouTube is an important channel to acquire hot news in the world. But, YouTube errors sometimes come without calling for. For example, YouTube was suddenly down on Jan 11 for some users with 500 server error. That's really annoying. If you're fed up with the unexpected YouTube errors, here's a chance for you to learn how to fix YouTube error messages. In this post, helpful tips will be displayed to troubleshoot top 10 YouTube errors, including:
Now let's check out them one by one.
* An error occurred ...
You may have got stuck in a situation: try to play YouTube videos but only to see a message - "An error occurred, please try again later". This is a common issue on YouTube. Sometimes, you can fix this YouTube error by just refreshing. But maybe not work for you. So how to solve this dreaded problem? Try the following solutions to check if they can work for you.
1. Clear Cookies, Cache, History and Temporary Internet Files in your browser.
2. Pause the video and change a resolution (720p, 480p, 360p, etc.) proposed by the YouTube player.
3. Make sure all your plug-ins are up-to-date. If not, please install the latest version.
4. Disable graphics hardware acceleration. To this end, please save your work first and then restart Firefox.
5. Disable youtube.com in the HTTPS everywhere rules and then watch YouTube videos in this Firefox profile as long as it's not over SSL.
* Video player error message
This issue always happens due to internet connection speed, uploader is making changes to the video or the video is being deleted, etc. To fix this YouTube video error, please try the following tips.
1. Refresh the YouTube video page.
2. Try to load the video in 30 minutes later.
3. Close other tabs or windows.
4. Make sure your browser and Flash Player is the newest version.
6. Watch YouTube videos on a different browser or PC.
7. Try solution 1 and 2 for "An error occurred ..."
* Video display issue
If you can hear sound of the video, but unable to see it, please try below troubleshooting tips.
1. Disable hardware acceleration in Adobe Flash Player.
Right-click on the wrong video > click "Setting" > uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration" > hit "Close" > refresh the YouTube page.
2. Update your graphics driver.
* No sound in YouTube videos
Viewing videos without sound is torturous to YouTube users. Let's check how to resolve this YouTube error problem.
1. Check the volume on your PC, speaker and the YouTube video player.
2. Restart the browser.
3. Upgrade Flash Player to the latest edition.
4. Check if Antivirus and Firewall software blocks third-party content.
Sometimes, this YouTube error happens because the video is embeded with copyrighted music.
* Video is choppy or stops early
Such kind of issue can be fixed by changing the video resolution or deleting cache and cookies. Moreover, slow internet connection speed can result in video playback error. In addition, there're other methods you can try:
1. Try a different browser;
2. Try a cable connection if you're using Wi-Fi;
3. Reboot your router. Unplug/power down your router, and then after 30 seconds later plug it back in/turn on.
* Black bars issue
Black bars could be horizontal black bars, vertical black bars or black bars all around the video. It isn't good for viewing experience. This issue occurs because the YouTube video size isn't match with the requirements of YouTube video uploading. To upload videos to YouTube without black bars, you're suggested to learn the best size for YouTube video uploading.
* "Could not load Shockwave Flash" error in Chrome
Many Chrome users come across "Could not load Shockwave Flash" error when attempt to watch YouTube video. So what can you do? The following solution is acceptable.
Type "chrome: //plugins/" in the address bar of a new tab > find "Shockwave Flash" plug-in > click "Details" > just disable the one version pointing to C:\Users\... and keep the other version for C:\Windows\... enable.
And then you can play YouTube videos on a new tab or window.
* Video is not available in your country
This cannot be fixed, but it's not bad to learn the reasons for this phenomenon. YouTube videos are not available in your country, in that some video owners have specified their video only available for certain countries mainly out of licensing rights. Additionally, to abide by local laws, YouTube will block specific video content.
* Video cannot play properly
This YouTube error involves situations like video loading slowly, video refusing to start play, video getting stuck, and video player is blank with no video. This can be divided in two cases: some videos are unplayable, or no video content can play.
If specific videos fail to play, please refer to the troubleshooting tips for "video player error message". But if none of the videos are accessible, please turn to following tips.
1. Change Firewall settings.
Sometimes, YouTube is blocked by firewall, which leads to improper video playback. So, you need change firewall settings and make YouTube website as a trusted one.
2. Temporarily disable ad or pop-up blocking software, such as Norton anti-virus.
Above are the help tips for the ten most frequent errors related to YouTube video. For other YouTube errors, you can get help from official YouTube Help guide or forums. Although YouTube error messages are inevitable, YouTube is still the one to rely on in some ways. You can upload videos to YouTube, share meaningful videos with friends, and download hot YouTube videos on hard drive or mobiles with a third-party YouTube downloader program.
Other useful resources or tips for YouTube fans:
Fix YouTube Fullscreen Not Working
Fix Windows 10 YouTube Not Working Error
Remove Ads from YouTube | YouTube Without Ads Tips
Fix YouTube Black Screen Problem
YouTube and Facebook Requirements for Video Uploading
Review on Top 3 Free YouTube Downloaders 2016
Download YouTube Music Playlist Video to MP3
Convert YouTube Music Videos to MP3
YouTube Music Video Background Play on iPhone
Best Free YouTube Analogical or Alternative Sites
Besides these helpful materials, it's advisable to learn all-round YouTube Upload and Download Guides including upload video formats, specifications, and download tips for hot YouTube videos, songs, movies, TV shows, etc.
Admittedly, we always encounter different YouTube errors. Some can be fixed after following troubleshooting tips, but some not. If you discover some wonderful movies, shows, music videos or other meaningful/funny sources in YouTube, it is advisable to download them locally in case of unexpected YouTube errors while online watching. You can use WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to free download any YouTube videos/songs. Certainly, you can also use this program to download and convert YouTube videos to iPhone, iPad, or other gadgets for offline playback on the move anytime anywhere without any interruption.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.