Q - " I was wondering what is the easiest way to copy my personal DVDs to my iTunes (12.5.5) library so I can watch them on my iPhone 7 or iPod touch."
A - If you just want to play movie DVD on iPhone (7)/iPad/iPod, there are actually two ways, one simple and direct, another useful too but a little bit complicated. The former means ripping DVD to iPhone or other iDevices straightly, while the latter is to import DVD into iTunes, followed by transferring DVD from iTunes to iPhone. So this is about how to rip DVD to iTunes (iTunes 12.5.5 the latest version) for playing DVD on iPhone or building a digital video library as before in iTunes 11. Also there will be some newest information of Apple iTunes 12.5.5.
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac - Rip DVD to iTunes (12) on Mac OS X
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Copy DVD to iTunes on Windows PC
iTunes 12 series started on October 16, 2014 and temporarily end with today's 2017 latest version iTunes 12.5.5, the installment of which requires OS X version 10.10.3 or later/Windows 7 or later. It is said that there are only some minor apps and performance improvement. Before you do the upgrade or embark on any of the tips to rip DVDs into iTunes (12.5.5), let's take a quick look at what big changes iTunes 12 series have done.
1. iTunes 184.108.40.206: Adds support for new TV app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV.
2. iTunes 220.127.116.11: Mainly fixes music playing errors, like album in an unexpected order and disappeared lyrics.
3. iTunes 18.104.22.168: Adds support for new iOS 10 and Siri integration for macOS Sierra.
4. iTunes 22.214.171.124: Adds support for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro and the iPhone SE.
Note: Now you can download iTunes 12.5.5 from the official Apple iTunes download page, if it is needed. Download iTunes 12.5.5 >>
As always, you can't import DVD video files to iTunes directly, and neither can you enjoy HD movies without costs in iTunes Store, despite its advance to iTunes 12.5.5. So how to put a movie DVD into new iTunes 12 for watching, and furthermore convert DVD video audio file to all devices besides Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, provided that you are Mac users who have already signed up for macOS Sierra? One of the most effective yet simple strategies would be to rip DVD to iTunes supported video formats. Let me walk you through the DVD to iTunes (iTunes 12) ripping steps on Mac as an example:
Step 1. Free get DVD to iTunes converter
Download a DVD to iTunes 12 converter for Mac and Windows, which should be compatible with even the latest macOS Sierra.
1. WinX DVD Ripper for Mac (v 4.9.6)
2. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows PC.
Step 2. Rip DVD to iTunes 12
1. Insert your DVD and click "DVD Disc", "ISO Image", or "+ Folder" to load DVD movie content.
2. A pop-up window will show you output profiles. Choose Apple Devices -> to iTunes Video and the right output format is all set up for your next DVD to iTunes ripping.
3. Hit button RUN and convert DVD movie to iTunes (iTunes 12)
Disclaimer: Digiarty Software does not advocate ripping copy-protected DVDs for any commercial purpose and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Step 3. Import DVD into iTunes 12
1. Launch iTunes 12.
2. Add the just ripped DVD movie file into iTunes 12 by clicking "Add to Library" under File. Movie file will be automatically imported to the proper video category.
3. Play the converted video directly on iTunes or stream the DVD movie to Apple iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPod, etc from iTunes 12 library for playback.
iTunes on Wiki: A media player, media library, and mobile device management application developed by Apple Inc. It is used to play, download, and organize digital audio and video on personal computers running the OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
If you have problem about ripping and importing DVD into iTunes 12, please feel free to Email Digiarty >>
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.