Play MOV on Android with Android MOV Player or MOV Converter?
Which is the best way to play MOV files on Android (10 or Lower) Devices? We'll see here.
Can Android play MOV file? It can't play MOV directly, because MOV is not included in the Android supported video formats list. But Android can open MOV when getting the help from additional programs, like MOV player for Android and MOV to Android converter. Here, we will show you the best program to enable MOV playback on Android, to help you play MOV files on Android tablets and phones, including MOV files recorded from iPhone, iPad, created from iMovie, downloaded online, received from others, etc.
Android won't Play MOV Format
Is MOV in the formats that Android support? First, let's learn what Android will play:
Video files: 3GP, MKV, MP4, TS, WEBM (codecs H.264, H.263, H.265 HEVC, MPEG-4, VP8, and VP9)
Audio files: 3GP, AAC, FLAC, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, XMF, WAV (codecs AAC, AMR, FLAC, GSM, MIDI, MP3, Opus, PCM/WAVE, and Vorbis)
Though there are some differences among different Android brands. For example, you may see Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus supports MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM; and Google Pixel 3/3XL plays H.264 and MP4 only. Anyway, Android won't play MOV videos. But with the right video converter, you can convert and play MOV files on any Android devices.
How to Play MOV on Android Phones and Tablets?
Free download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to convert any MOV files to all Android devices playable formats.
● Smoothly convert 4K, 1080P, HD MOV videos @60fps, 120fps, etc. from DSLR, drones, iDevices, other advanced cameras.
● Support MOV videos in HEVC/H.265, H.264, Prores, MPEG-4, QT, any other codecs.
● Convert 4K/HD MOV to Android Samsung Galaxy S10, Note 10, Google Pixel, Moto, OnePlus, Huawei, and 420+ popular devices.
● Intel QSV, Nvidia CUDA/NVENC hardware acceleration tech will convert MOV to Android with 5x faster speed.
● Compress large and long MOV videos to 90% smaller for Android mobiles, edit MOV videos, adjust parameters, etc.
Convert MOV for Playing on Android within Clicks
It works on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and macOS Big Sur & earlier. Follow the steps to convert SD/HD MOV for playback on Android.
Step 1. Run the converter and load MOV file(s).
Click "+ Video" button on the top left corner to load one or more QuickTime (.mov) videos you want to convert for playback on Android.
Step 2. Choose an output playable on Android.
After MOV file(s) loaded, the "Output Profile" panel will pop up automatically. You can convert MOV to MP4 for Android, or select "Android Phone/Pad" under "Device Profile" category and select the model of your Android device.
Step 3. Specify destination folder to store the converted file(s).
If your Android device is connected with your computer, you can specify a folder of the Android. If not, choose a folder of the hard drive, and transfer the converted file(s) to Android later.
Step 4. Begin converting MOV to Android playable format.
Click the "RUN" button to get MOV conversion to Android started. Thanks to the support for multi-core CPU (up to 8 Cores), the improved configuring for i5 i7 CPU, the optimized AMD 3DNow! and Intel SSE3 SSE2 MMX Instructions, and hardware encoder, it will finish video converting at fast speed.
Play MOV Files on Android with a MOV Player? No Hurry
When we have some MOV files for playing on Android, going to Google Play and downloading an Android MOV player seems to be the most direct way the majority could think of. For example, VLC for Android, MX Player, MPlayer are some good player apps for Android. You simplay go to Google Play and find the player app, download and then you can play MOV videos on Android with them. There is no denying that it is a fix, but you need to figure out a few things before any further.
1. MOV videos, especially 4K 60fps MOV videos in HEVC or ProRes codecs, normally from iDevcies, Nikon, JVC and some other HD DSLR cameras, require massive power to decode. It's hard to provide enough juice on an Android mobile to play a 4K MOV video. Therefore, you may experience some stutters or freezes during the playback.
2. Installing an extra player on storage-limited Android device especially Android phone will take up precious memory footprint and may make your device run slower. Do you really need to use a special MOV video player just to play a few MOV files on Android?
3. Most players are not compatible with all video audio codecs. Even if a player is advertised to support for MOV file format, it may be unable to play all MOV files flawlessly. This is also why some people submitted posts online saying "Android player play MOV without sound", "Android player play MOV with sound only, but in a black screen" or other similar questions.
4. Apart from downloading MOV player on Android, a video converter that can convert MOV files to MP4 format accepted by Android will be also a good solution? Of course it is. Besides MOV, after all, you are likely to meet other formats incompatible with your Android and your player.
Play MOV on Android Using Player or Converter?
You are recommended to download a video converter instead of a player due to the following reasons:
1. It will not occupy your Android storage if you download a MOV video converter on your computer and convert MOV to Android. Some powerful converters can convert MOV videos encoded with any video audio codec to Android accepted formats. Meanwhile, this tool also enables you to convert MOV to all popular Android devices directly, like Samsung Galaxy S810/Note 10, HTC On, Kindle Fire, Google New Nexus, etc.
2. In addition to help play MOV on Android, converters like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can also help play other incompatible videos like AVI, FLV on Android via converting. Check what to do when MOV videos won't play on Android.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can Do More than Help Play MOV on Android
- Help play videos on iPhone, iPad, Microsoft, Sony, PC, Mac and more popular devices;
- Convert (MOV) videos to YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. for uploading;
- Free download videos from YouTube and other 1000+ sites for offline playing;
- Make vivid photo slideshow videos with background music.
Still have trouble on how to play an MOV video on Android on device, just Mail Us >>