"I brought Wii as Christmas gift for my kid. What disappoints me is that it cannot play any other DVDs expect Nintendo DVD games. Is there a way to play DVD movies on Wii?"
Serving as a home video game console, Nintendo Wii features a DVD drive for games but not for movies, troubling owners who want to enjoy favorite films on Wii. If you are seeking for a solution of how to play DVD movies on Wii, this tutorial will be helpful.
Quickly convert any DVD movies to AVI, MOV, MPEG-4 videos compatible with Wii and deliver high video/aduio quailty.
Actually, Nintendo Wii enables users to play movies in particular formats. Substitute to play DVD movies directly, it is a good choice to rip DVD movies to Wii. However, it is so convenient to manage them on Wii as on smartphones and tablets. Firstly, you should know where to get movies and then learn which formats are supported.
1. Photo Channel
Nintendo Wii classifies available applications into different channels and collects them in Wii Menu. Photo Channel, one of built-in channels of Wii, is the essential part for playing DVD movies on Wii, which is used to display, share and manage photos/movies/videos/audio with Wii console through a SD card.
2. Video/Audio Formats Supported by Photo Channel
Videos in AVI, MOV (QuickTime) or MPEG-4 format with a resolution of up to 848x480 can be supported by Nintendo Wii. Depending on version of Photo Channel, the compatible audio formats are quite different, MP3 for version 1.0 and alternative AAC (file extension .m4a) for version 1.1.
After being aware of the above information, please follow the step-by-step guide to play DVD movies on Wii.
Step 1. Get Things You'll Need
* A Computer
* A FAT/FAT32 SD Card (smaller than 2GB)
* A DVD to Wii ripper (to convert AVI, MOV or MPEG-4 with audio of MP3 or AAC format supported formats by Wii), for example WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, a splendid DVD to Wii ripper, which is aiming to rip any DVD movies, such as Halloween movies, Christmas movies for kids and copy-protected DVDs of latest Disney movies, Paramount movies and so on, to videos in formats AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, MPEG etc, at a very high speed and deliver possible highest quality for a better playback effect.
Step 2. Rip DVD Movies to SD Card with WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
1. Place SD card into your computer and insert DVD to DVD-ROM. Open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and hit DVD Disc to import your DVD movie. Certainly, you can select ISO image or VIDEO_TS Folder as movie source.
2. DVD will be quickly loaded with main title checked and popped-up Output Profile windows. Get General Profiles from category and select MPEG4 Video with codec MPEG-4 + MP3.
3. Adjust+ video resolution suitable for Wii specs (848 x 480) by hitting setting button. And, the Edit icon placed at the right of title bar enables you to crop, trim and add subtitles for movie.
4. Save converted DVD movies on SD card and hit RUN button.
>>How to Rip DVD to MicroSD Memory Card or USB Flash Drive
Note: Please follow DVD copyright law in your country before ripping movie DVDs.
Step 3. Play DVD Movies Stored in SD Card on Wii
Insert SD card into Wii and go to Photo Channel to access the movie you rip from DVD. Use controller to press Play button and watch DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is good at ripping DVD movies to various portable devices, including latest released devices, for example iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge. Also, it offers 4 efficient modes of DVD backup, DVD to ISO, DVD to VIDEO_TS folder, full title to MPEG2 file, main title to MPEG 2 file. Due to cutting-edge technologies of High Quality Engine, Hyper-threading, Multi-core (up to 8) CPU support, this great DVD to Wii ripper optimize video/audio quality and accelerate ripping speed.
Still have problem about how to play DVD movies on Wii? Please feel free to Email Us >>
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum – Rip any DVD movies to videos AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4 and Apple, Android, other OS devices; 1:1 clone DVD to ISO/folder and backup main/full title to single MPEG2 file.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.