Featuring bigger and bigger screen size, high-resolution display and portability, iPhone becomes one fashionable tool for video/movie enjoyment. A great majority of users can play videos on iPhone successfully while some unlucky guys get into troubles:
- My iPhone is not playing videos in any kind. When the movie is about to start, I get the black screen but then I get the play button with a circle and a line in it. The 3rd party apps won't play either. Any suggestions?
- I restored old videos via iTunes from my backup to my iPhone 6. However, some of them do not play. They simply have the loading circle but nothing happens. Everything else restored OK, pics, music etc, just the videos are not working. Can anybody help?
If iPhone won't play videos any more, how to make it run as normal? This article can help you dig out the answer.
WinX MediaTrans, an innovative file transfer software for iDevices, enables users to sync any types of video (MKV, MTS, WMV, FLV etc.) from computer to iPhone with iOS compatible formats for playing videos on iPhone smoothly thanks to the built-in video converter. And, the auto-rotate technology can help users get full screen video playback after transferring.
The most common reason of videos not playing on iPhone is that the video you try to open is not supported by the device. So, what types of video can run well on iPhone?
▪ H.264 video: up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
▪ MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
▪ Motion JPEG (M-JPEG): up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
Don't take for granted that all videos in extension .mp4 can be played on iPhone hassle-free. The corrupted MP4 files or MP4 files with audio not corresponding to the specs can also result in 'iPhone won't play videos' problem. >>See how to repair MP4…
In order to get any videos played on iPhone, a part of users install third-party media players (VLC, KMPlayer etc.) for iOS. However, various playback errors may bother you now and then, for example no images, only audios; too slow to play a video; even crash during playback. It's better to make every video with an iPhone acceptable format to slove "not playing" error.
WinX MediaTrans is not only mobile file transfer software to sync videos, photos and music between computer and iDevices, but plays as an video converter during video transfer. It allows you to copy videos in any quality (SD/HD/4K/8K) and format (MKV, MTS, FLV, WMV etc.) from computer to iPhone, iPad, iPod and meanwhile convert videos to iDevices compatible formats (for example MP4) to make sure every video can be played on iPhone without no error at all. After transfer, WinX MediaTrans can rotate video from vertical to horizontal giving a better full screen viewing experience.
Download/install WinX MedoiaTrans on your Windows (10) PC and follow the steps to transfer videos to iPhone for fixing 'iPhone won't play videos' problem. If you are a Mac user, please switch to the Mac version.
Step 1. Launch WinX MediaTrans. Plug in your iPhone to computer. Unlock the screen and tap "Trust" if the messsage pops up asking whether trust this computer or not.
Step 2. After the connection succeeds, the main interface with five modules will be shown. Click "Video" to enter the page where all videos stored in your phone are listed. There are several categories on the left sidebar. Select one category and hit "Add Video" button to import video.
Notice: You are not allowed to add video to Video Recorded and Movies category.
Step 3. After all wanted videos are selected, click "Sync" button to convert and transfer them to iPhone. Soon, you can find selected videos are put into iPhone. Play it, no problem!
In turn, you can export video which won't play on iPhone to computer via WinX MediaTrans and then remove it from iPhone for space saving.
▪ Free Download SD/720P/1080P/4K/8K/3D (music/movie) videos from YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe, MTV, Vevo, Instagram etc. (300+ in total) in a flash.
▪ Convert and compress any downloaded/local SD/HD/4K/8K videos to MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, 3GP, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, PS3/4, Xbox with high quality.
▪ Extract audio files (MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, FLAC, iPhone Ringtone etc,) from music videos/movies and creat slideshow videos with BGM from (guraduation, wedding) albums.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.