Video Processing: How to Merge MP4 Video Files Free Easily on Windows (10) PC
How to Merge, Join and Combine MP4 (MPEG4/H.264 Codec) Video Files on Windows 10/7 PC?
Merging multiple MP4 video files into one is a smashing way to make self-made movies (for sharing or uploading to YouTube, for example) or combine several episodes of a TV series. No sophisticated technology is needed to achieve this, and there are many tools can merge MP4 files. However, most free channels will wipe the smile off your face.
Taking AConverter, a free online video editor for instance, it has the following drawbacks, like many other online MP4 mergers do:
- The files to be merged must have the same format (such as MP4 file with the same codec), file size and frame rate. It is way harsh because it is almost impossible to meet this requirement.
- The size of MP4 video file is limited to 200M, which defeats HD video recording and movie merging.
- The merging process is quite slow. It is frame by frame technique that seems to be used, which make it extremely time consuming.
- Even after repeated tries, it still fails to merge MP4 video files.
Turning to MP4 video merger programs seems a better idea, but there are still shortcomings in some tools, for example, VirtualDub doesn't seem to support MP4 format, FFmpeg is difficult to process the command line, and not a few freeware programs have adware or other unpleasant plug-ins. Besides, plenty of video joiners get stuck or run slow on Windows 10 OS. How to easily merge MP4 video files on Windows (10) free and fast?
The Best MP4 Merger Freeware to Join MP4 Files
WinX Video Converter [100% clean freeware] Merge multiple video files into one. No input formats limit. Add several MP4 videos and merge into a new MP4 file or convert to other video formats based on needs. No quality loss. Also, convert any other videos from one format to another.
WinX Video Converter can save (convert, natch) videos from the likes of YouTube, and output presets for every portable device from Android to Windows Phone. - Rick (CNET Editor)
User Guide: How to Free Merge MP4 Video Files into a Single File on Windows 10/8/7?
If you do not prefer merge MP4 videos online, or take a risk using a dubious program, please free download the best free and clean MP4 video file merger software - WinX Video Converter on your PC. I'll walk you through the steps as follows:
1. Input server video files for merging.
After launching the free video merger and converter software, tap "+Video" button on the top left, browse and choose one or more video files at one time from your computer. You can add MP4 and any other formatted video files.
Input Video Formats Supported:
• MP4 container formats: MPEG-4, H.264, AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, H.265/HEVC, VC-1/WMV, Real Video, Theora, Microsoft MPEG4 V2, VP8, VP9, MV
• HD-Camcorder/drone Videos: JVC (*.mod, *.tod)/Sony (*.mts, *.m2ts)/Panasonic & Canon camcorder video, Gopro, DJI drone videos, etc.
• HD Video Formats: HEVC (H.265), AVCHD, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG2, MPEG-4 TS, MPEG-2 TS, Quick Time, WMV, Blu-ray Video, HDTV Video, Matroska Video
• SD Video Formats: AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, M4V, FLV, H.264/MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MOV, RM, RMVB, VOB, ASF, 3GP, 3G2, QT, DAT, Google TV, WebM, VPX 8
2. Choose MP4 as output format.
• If you'd like the merged file to be output in a general MP4 video: Output Profile -> General Profiles -> MP4 Video (Recommended) [Codec: H264+AAC] -> OK;
• If you'd like the merged file to be played on iPhone (X): Output Profile -> Device Profile -> Apple Device -> to iPhone Video -> iPhone X (H264) -> OK;
• If you'd like the merged file to be able to upload to Facebook: Output Profile -> Web Video Profile -> Facebook Video -> MP4 Video (Recommended) [Codec: H264+AAC] -> OK
3. Check "Merge" item on the right.
On the right of the main interface, click to check the "Merge" option on the right.
4. Change the video sequence.
You can adjust the sequence of the video files you added, or delete any of them to disable its merging.
Sequence: move the mouse on the file you want to adjust, click Up or Down icon on its right to move up or down.
Delete: move the mouse on the file you want to adjust, click Trash Bin and the file will be removed.
5. Set up the merged MP4 file.
On the top of the video section, click the Settings icon and make adjustments of video audio parameters according to your need.
6. Edit the video files.
You can edit any file by clicking "Edit" icon, say, adjust Audio Volume, add subtitle, crop, expand, trim the video.
Note: This action is conductive only before you checking "Merge". If you want to edit each video, you should uncheck "Merge" first.
7. Start merging the video files.
Hit "RUN" button on the bottom right. After seconds, you can get the merged MP4 video file in the destination folder you set on your computer.
Why Do Most People Choose This Free MP4 File Merger?
Most people pick up free WinX Video Converter for video conversion, cutting and merging. I'll cover the uppermost reasons that it is chosen for MP4 file merging:
• It free merges MP4 video files without losing quality
Uniquely, it has in-built High Quality Engine and De-interlacing Engine to make sure the image quality of compressed MP4 file is optimal.
• It is the best free MP4 file merger for Windows 10
Natively supporting Microsoft Windows 10 OS, it performs perfectly in merging and joining MP4 files on Windows 10. It is also the best free video converter Windows 10, the best free Windows 10 video editor, as well as the best free Windows 10 YouTube downloader.
• It is 100% clean, safe and free.
Unlike some other freeware, WinX Video Converter contains no adware, ransomware, malware or virus at all.
★★★★★ Best Pick:
All-in-one Fastest Video Software for Windows/10 and Mac - WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is the advanced edition of WinX Video Converter. It is the only level-3 hardware accelerated video converter, fully supporting Intel QSV, NVIDIA CUDA/NVENC hardware decoding, processing and encoding. It can handle your videos in all-sided way as follows.
• Convert any video formats to other formats, supporting 370+ video & audio codecs.
• Have 420+ build-in profiles for different devices, websites, apps, etc.
• Download 8K/4K or 1080p/720p videos, 3D/VR movies, MP3 songs from YouTube and 1000+ sites.
• Merge, cut, crop, trim any video files, add external subtitles.