RMVB was quite popular for a time to spread TV and movie videos online, especially in Asian. Although RMVB file can be played on Windows (10) PC by using RealPlayer, Media Player Classic or VLC media player, it's still a troublesome stuff to play RMVB on iOS, Android, smart TV, Xbox, PSP and more programs unless third-party RMVB player is installed beforehand. To make RMVB friendly to all of your player screens, the best way is to convert RMVB to MP4.
RMVB, full name RealMedia Variable Bitrate with ".rmvb" file extension, is an advanced container format developed by RealNetworks after RM and usually used for storing multimedia content locally. Thanks to the support for VBR, RMVB can pretend video with clearer image than (CBR-ed) RM by reducing bitrate in static pictures while raising bitrate automatically in complicated dynamic pictures, e.g the scenes of fighting, dancing and racing, achieving as distinctive and fluent visual experience as possible.
RMVB-formatted movie videos were quite common to see via BitTorrent and eDonkey, to deliver compressed DVD movies and TV episodes in 1280x720 at most. But gradually, MP4/X264 has overtaken it with higher compression and better device compatibility. So if you happen to wanna watch your local out-dated RMVB files on your modern gadgets, you'd better convert RMVB to MP4 in advance.
VideoProc - An all-in-one RMVB video converter that perfectly supports converting video from RMVB to MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, WebM, MP3, iPhone, iPad, Android, YouTube, Chromecast, gaming consoles etc. By taking the full use of multiple CPU cores, QSV and CUDA/NVENC hardware acceleration, this tool is able to transcode RMVB to MP4 at advanced 16x faster speed stably.
Supported OS: Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8/7, Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
Average User Rating: ★★★★☆
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
Preparation: Free download WinX RMVB Video Converter and install it on Windows PC.
Step 1. Select and open one or more RMVB files from computer with VideoProc by clicking "+ video" icon or direct drag-and-drop.
Step 2. Choose "MP4 H264" from Video tab on the bottom of the interface. Also, you can click Target Format button to get full output profiles (where 410+ preset profiles are provided).
Step 3. Press "RUN" button to let the software start to convert RMVB to MP4 in accelerated speed.
Generally, there's no need to do other settings. But if you really want to edit video resolution/bit rate/aspect ratio/subtitles, crop/trim video and more, just do it under "Edit" and "Codec Option" functions. Another tip is when you check "Merge" option in the right panel, your RMVB video clips can be batch converted into a single MP4.
* Compared to online converters: Although there are quite many online RMVB to MP4 video converters that seem to be quite convenient, they actually have more or less requirements, like providing your email address, signing up the site, xxx MB maximum RMVB file size... Moreover, their web pages may contain some annoying ads, pop-ups, or even harmful malware.
* Compared to open-sourced HandBrake: HandBrake can handle the RMVB to MP4 conversion. But it may produce a problematic MP4 video like:
"It plays fine in the beginning, but as the video progresses, the video and audio tend to become more and more out-of-sync."
"What's happening is I have some RMVB files as source videos, I converted the files to iPhone format MP4 using HB, but when I play the files on iPhone I get no sound."
>> Solve HandBrake Output Video Audio out of Sync Error
* Compared to general video converter software: Equipped with hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding tech, MMX-SSE, Hyper-threading and AMD 3DNow!, this WinX converter can convert any video with no quality loss.
>> Check WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe vs Movavi Video Converter vs Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Taking all factors into consideration, clean and safe desktop-based WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is your ideal choice for a much faster and faultless RMVB to MP4 conversion, skipping over the "(RMVB) upload and (MP4) download" process, avoiding transcoding RMVB into a defective MP4.
• Video Transcoder: Transcode videos to HEVC, H.264, AVI, MOV, 3GP etc, with ease.
• Video Editor: Cut, merge, crop, rotate, flip videos, and enhance video quality.
• Also plays as a DVD converter, video downloader and screen recorder.
For PC and Mac only. Mobile user Click here.
Joined Digiarty for 4 years as a website editor and technical writer, she focuses on giving readers all-around but lifestyle tech reviews & tips on hot gadgets and multimedia solutions. In the leisure time, she has a mania for baseball and transcendental meditation.