How to Convert AVI to MP4 HEVC to Reduce File Size
Large AVI files can be re-encoded into HEVC for reducing file size while maintaining original quality
Q - "i made a 7 min and 13 min video in AVI for a few of my classes today. However, the AVI files are way too big. The 7 min video was 32GBs!!! I need to make longer videos so I need to the size to be small. So I decide to convert the AVI videos to HEVC MP4 files. How can I do that?"
AVI is a media container format used by many video capture devices. When users expport a video, they often see a preset "Uncompressed AVI". Rendering a video into uncompressed AVI file will deliver fantastic picture quality. However, problems occur. First, the file size will increase by times. Second, the playback can be very slow. And last, AVI has pretty good quality of audio fidelity and can run on major desktop platforms, which implies that you can't play AVI videos on any iPhone or Android mobiles.
By converting the AVI videos to HEVC with MP4 extension, you can get 4K/HD videos at excellent quality yet with reduced file size.
Free Download AVI to HEVC Converter and Start to Convert
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe lets you convert BIG AVI to HEVC MP4 fast with high quality!
* The Level-3 hardware acceleration can convert 4K/HD uncompressed AVI to the CPU-intensive HEVC videos with fast speed.
* The GPU acceleration and its High Quality Engine will reserve the maximum original video quality.
* It will also convert AVI videos from/to HEVC, H.264, MPEG, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, iPhone, Android, TVs, YouTube, etc.
* In addition to AVI to HEVC, its advanced compression engine can further shrink the AVI file size without quality loss.
* Flexible options to edit, cut, crop, trim, adjust, customize the AVI to HEVC converted files.
How to Convert AVI to HEVC MP4 Fast via 3 Clicks?
Here we will show you every step needed for converting AVI to MP4 HEVC on Windows 10. Before all that, please download WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe and follow the setup wizard to install the .exe or .dmg file to get ready.
Step 1. Load an AVI file
Double click the software icon to launch the HEVC transcoder and click "+Video" to get your AVI file loaded from local drive.
Step 2. Choose HEVC MP4 as output format
Normally the "Output Profile" window will pop up automatically. Go to "General Profiles" and scroll down to find "HEVC Video (MP4 file format)". Then click "OK" to move on.
Step 3. Convert AVI to HEVC MP4
- Check Intel or nVIDIA beside "Hardware Accelerator" under the preview window to enable hardware acceleration for AVI to HEVC convresion.
- Specify a destination folder to save the converted file.
- Press button RUN to start converting AVI to HEVC MP4.
* The following conversion results show that the file size has been reduced about 65% after transcoding from AVI to MP4 HEVC.
Video Tutorial: How to Convert AVI to MP4 HEVC/H.264 in Seconds