H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 or AVC (Advanced Video Coding) is a standard for video compression. The intent of the H.264 / AVC project was to create a standard capable of providing good video quality at substantially lower bit rates than previous standards (e.g. half or less the bit rate of MPEG-2, H.263, or MPEG-4 Part 2), without increasing the complexity of design so much that it would be impractical or excessively expensive to implement.
H.264 Converter, also known as combination of AVC decoder and H.264 encoder, is software that can decompress your source video and compress it to H.264. Through this transcoding process, you can create an H.264 movie by yourself. It is one good utility for answer the question "How to create an H.264 video". The incredible quality and efficiency of H.264 really brings video to life on internet or mobile phones. H.264 / AVC can encode video with approximately 3 times fewer bits than comparable MPEG-2 encoders.
1. Best H.264 Converter should accept all video sources you have, for instance:
• Regular Video: AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, DivX, Xvid, MOV, RM, RMVB, VOB, 3GP, 3G2, Google TV, WebM, VPX 8.
• Website Video: Youtube, HD Youtube, Dailymotion, Yahoo! Video, Metacafe, Myspace, etc.
• HD-Camcorder Video: JVC HD camcorder Video, Sony HD camcorder Video, Panasonic & Canon HD camcorder Video.
• High Definition Video: AVCHD Video, Blu-ray Video, HDTV Video, Matroska Video.
The only one H.264 converter that can support them all is VideoProc. Moreover, it handles your H.264 video as source and then convert them to whichever formats or mobile devices you want.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
2. Best H.264 Converter should be the fastest.
Because H.264 encoding and decoding requires significant computing power, software implementations that run on a general-purpose CPU are typically slow, especially when dealing with HD video content. With VideoProc, which is engineered with Level-3 Hardware Acceleration, Hyper Threading Technology and fully compatible with Multi-core CPU (up to i7 12-Core CPU), employs time-saving single-pass encoding for creating draft encodes. So that there is no more waiting for creating HD H.264 codec videos.
3. Scalable from 3G to HD and Beyond
H.264 achieves the best-ever compression efficiency for a broad range of applications, such as broadcast, DVD, video conferencing, video-on-demand. And true to its advanced design, H.264 delivers excellent quality across a wide operating range, from 3G mobile to 1920 x 1080p Full HD and everything in between.
>> How to Convert H.264 4K to HEVC 4K | Convert HEVC 4K to H.264 4K
Step 1: Launch the program and import the video by clicking "Add Video" or by dragging and dropping directly.
Step 2: Choose a specific output format as you wish from the Video tab or full output profiles window by clicking Targe Format.
Also, you can click "Browse" button in Output Setting area and select a destination folder to save your converted video.
Step 3: Click "RUN" button to start H.264 Video converting. You can view the conversion progress and are able to cancel the converting process at any time.
• Video Transcoder: Transcode videos to HEVC, H.264, AVI, MOV, 3GP etc, with ease.
• Video Editor: Cut, merge, crop, rotate, flip videos as well as improve video/audio quality by deshaking, denosiing, correcting fisheye.
• Also plays as a DVD converter, video downloader and screen recorder.
For PC and Mac only. Mobile user Click here.
May Watt is a member of Digiarty. She offers a bunch of tips of how to handle multimedia files (DVD, video files, music etc.) and keeps her focus on tech news about Apple, Google, GoPro, Drone and more.