Best Free Video Editing Software - Edit SD/HD/4K Videos Movies Effortlessly
Here's super good free video editing software that can edit videos movies on Windows (10, 8, 7, XP, etc.) and Mac OS at ease
Nowadays, video editing is not the preserve of film-makers. Everyone can edit videos for special purposes through video editing software. We can edit videos shot by iPhone/HD camcorders/webcam/GoPro action camera/DJI drone, videos movies downloaded online, or videos received from our friends, etc. Some people may think that they have to spend a costly budget on a pro video editor like Filmic Pro to perform video editing. Yet, Filmic Pro yeilds the output video file with no audio when playing back. Comparatively speaking, in fact, this task can be done on the cheap if you can find powerful yet free video editing software. Haven't found a suitable one? Take it easy. Here's the pick for the best video editing freeware for Windows 10, 8, 7 and Mac OS X).
How to Edit a Video on PC and Mac without Quality Loss?
Losing the original quality after editing is the last thing that most people want. If you want to process SD/HD/4K video without quality loss, you'd better free download video editing software now, install and launch it, and then learn the guide to edit videos or vlogs without losing quality.
Step 1. Load a video for editing.
It's very easy to input video for later editing. Loading videos by dragging and dropping, or by tapping "+ Video" button? You are the boss.
Step 2. Choose output profile for edited video.
WinX Video Converter will pop up an Output Profile window automatically after loading video successfully.
* If you are willing to edit a video without quality loss, firstly you should choose an output format same with the original;
* If you want to edit the videos for uploading online, you can choose output option from Web Video Profile;
* If you want to edit the videos for playing on certain device, you're supposed to find the target from Device Profile;
* To edit videos for later burning to DVD, you should choose from DVD Profile.
That is to say, you can specify output profile based on your own purpose.
Step 3. Edit the video with this free video editing software.
This HD video editing freeware offers many useful video processing options. Simply click "Edit" option and begin editing video.
* Crop the video: This option enables you to crop the letterbox from a video, crop a video according to aspect ratio 16:9, 4:3, or 1:1, or crop the video by setting position and size.
* Expand the video: To expand video, please check "Auto expand to profile video resolution: keep origin".
* Cut unwanted parts or split a video into several parts: Move to "Trim" option, check "Enable trim", then you can cut the video by dragging the slide bar under the preview window or setting start time and end time.
* Merge output video: You can also combine several video clips into a single one by checking the box of "Merge Output Video". (Related: Best Video Joiner Free Download)
* Deinterlace interlaced video: Check "Deinterlacing" to turn interlaced video to progressive video.
Besides above mentioned video editing options, this free video editing software also enables you to adjust volume, adding external subtitle, disable/enable inner subtitle, and also set video audio parameters. If you want to edit a video without re-encoding and without quality loss, you should check the video audio parameter settings. Please make sure that all the video audio parameters are same with the original.
Step 4. Export the edited video.
Simply press "RUN" button in the right corner of the free video editing software to come to the process of video editing. And it will export the edited video soon thanks to the super Transcoding Engine, the newest cutting-edge tech to support Multi-core CPU (up to 8 cores) and other optimized configuring.
Still have question on this free video editing software for Windows (10) and Mac? Please feel free to Mail Us >>