1. Is there any fast video converter to recommend? I JUST want to convert .m4v to .mp4 ...
2. How to convert M4V to MP4??? I've never heard of M4V, what is that for? I want to put the videos on my PSP but can't use M4V.
M4V files are often gained from iTunes Store. But quite a lot of devices cannot play them directly like others' iDevices, Android phones and PSP. If you knew few about M4V, then this article will explain you what is M4V and why & how to convert convert M4V to MP4 with the fastest video converter.
M4V, quite similar to MP4, is a MPEG-4 file extension and video container developed and mainly used by Apple in its iTunes Store to encode TV episode, movie, and music videos. The videos are alternatively protected by Apple FairPlay DRM copyright protection so that the protected ones can only played in iTunes or iOS devices.
* Detailed M4V Definition and Playable Players | * External M4V Definition from Wiki
Some unprotected .m4v videos can be played on media players by simply renaming its extension name to .mp4, but we suppose you not to do so. Because it may broke the original file structure and damage the video quality. So, it's the right time to use a solid Video Converter for converting M4V to the player device supportable formats, like convert M4V to MP4.
Actually, you can convert M4V to whatever video formats as you like or according to your actual need. Just in consideration of the popularity, MP4 is strongly advised. MP4 is absolutely the most commonly used video format, containing video audio steams, subtitles and still images. To crown it all, it can be played on a large variety of non-Apple smart devices like Android Samsung HTC phones/pads, PSP, Xbox game consoles, Windows phones, Blackberry.
Open-source software HandBrake and media play VLC are both competent to free convert common M4V. But VideoProc delivers much faster conversion speed by ttaking full advantage of QSV & CUDA/NVENC hardware acceleration tech and multiple CPU cores. Now just Install and launch VideoProc after FREE downloading, and follow the easy guide below to transfer general M4V to MP4 on computer.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
Step 1 - Add M4V video
Open software, click "+ Video" button on the left top to import M4V video(s);
Step 2 - Choose MP4 as output format
Select "MP4 H264" as the output video format from Video tab;
Step 3 - Convert M4V to MP4
Click blue RUN button on the interface to trigger M4V to MP4 conversion. You can view the whole conversion progress and stop it at any time.
• Click Codec Option icon to reset the video audio parameters by default as you like, including codec, resolution, bitrate, aspect ratio, frame ratio, channel, sample rate;
• Select Edit Video Tab to cut, crop, rotate, filp video and add subtitle, watermark or effects.
• Select Name & Tag icon to reset video title, artist, genre or set a cover for the video;
• Click Browse icon to select a certain destination folder to save your converted video in MP4 format;
• Check "Use High Quality Engine" and "Deinterlacint" to optimize the video quality, "Hardware Acceleration Engine" to speed up video conversion, "Merge" to merged several videos into a single one.
To those DRM-ed M4V media files, general video converter cannot recognize and load them at all. So you must crash the encryption using certain DRM removing tool first.
WinX MediaTrans is a dedicated iOS file manager. Apart from professional file managing and transferring functions, the superior DRM removal feature burnishes it greatly, which not only supports decoding DRM-packed M4V files while transferring them from iPhone to PC, but also supports decrypting M4V video in native iTunes Library in clicks.
For Windows only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
▶ Steps on converting iPhone iPad M4V to MP4:
Connect iOS-based gadget like iPhone X and iPad Pro to computer rightly -> Click "Video Manager" jump into another dialog box -> Select one or more iTunes purchased M4V videos with "DRM locked" label -> Tap "Export" button on the top left, "Decode" in order to start the DRM-locked M4V to MP4 conversion.
▶ Steps on converting iTunes Library M4V to MP4:
Click "Remove DRM" directly -> Click "Add File" to select M4V movie(s) with red DRM label from iTunes Library on our computer -> Click "Remove" to convert encrypted videos from iTunes Library to MP4 at once.
Joined Digiarty for 4 years as a website editor and technical writer, she focuses on giving readers all-around but lifestyle tech reviews & tips on hot gadgets and multimedia solutions. In the leisure time, she has a mania for baseball and transcendental meditation.