Maybe you have bought a brand new Sony, Panasonic or other brands of HD camcorder, like Canon HF S200, Hitachi DZ-BD10HA, JVC GZ-HM1. And when you are greatly surprised by their excellent 27x zoom, Full 1920x1080 Resolution, and 10.6-Megapixel Stills, perhaps you also feel frustrated by its AVCHD/MTS video format recording. How many times you want to change your AVCHD to AVI format, one of the most popular video so far? This article will guide you a right way HOW TO convert AVCHD to AVI format, so that you can play AVCHD video or edit AVCHD video without any trouble.
Understanding of AVCHD and AVI format
AVCHD  - Advanced Video Codec High Definition, is a format for the HD camcorder and camera recording and playback. AVCHD is a form of video compression (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVC) video) that allows the large data files created by HD video recording to be captured and saved on digital media such as hard disk drives and flash memory cards, or DVD disc.
The AVCHD file extension may be .M2TS, .M2T, .MTS, .TS, .TR, .TP, .TRP, .TOD, .MOD, etc.
AVI means Audio Video Interleave. The AVI file type is primarily associated with 'Audio Video Interleave File'. Recent files might be compressed with one or another codecs (like DivX and XviD). It can also be seen with VLC Player, MPlayer, The KMPlayer and QuickTime. After Converting AVCHD to AVI video, you will find that your AVCHD recording becomes much more friendly to your computer, devices, media players or some software.
Take a look at the Advantages of Converting AVCHD to AVI format:
1. Choice of codecs means you can achieve higher rate compression after converting AVCHD to AVI format. In other word, you can shrink an over-large AVCHD file to 4x smaller AVI file. But, the video quality is hard to distinguish by your naked eyes.
2. AVI can be played and edited in mainstream media players and editing software. After converting AVCHD to AVI format, you are enabled to play AVCHD video on Windows PC (Windows Media Player), Play AVCHD on Mac (QuickTime or VLC Media Player), and other platforms.
How to Convert AVCHD to AVI with Fastest AVCHD to AVI Converter?
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe fully supports Multi-core CPU (i3, i5, i7), Hardware Encoder and armed with Hyper Threading Technology (Converting AVCHD to AVI by multi threads at the same time, speed up the conversion timely). That is why WinX AVCHD to AVI converter program can be the fastest solution in the current market.
>> Free download WinX HD Video Converter for Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
>> Free download WinX HD Video Converter for Mac (OS X 10.6 - 10.11)
Convert AVCHD to AVI with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
Step 1: Load your target AVCHD video into this AVCHD to AVI converter by clicking "+ Video" button.
Step 2: Choose "General Profiles " as category and select "AVI Video" as the output. Meanwhile, you can convert AVCHD to HD AVI format to preserve better quality from directory "HD Video" -> "AVI HD Video".
Step 3: Set the output folder by clicking "Browse" Button.
Step 4: "RUN" the AVCHD to AVI conversion. Go Read Detailed Tutorial>>
Other Features of this AVCHD to AVI Converter:
1. While converting AVCHD to AVI format, It can convert AVCHD (1080i) video from interlaced to progressive scanning. It will achieve better image quality than original.
2. First and unique AVCHD to AVI converter supports Multi-track video, which helps you play and watch AVI video with the language track you preferred.
3. Built-in more than 370 video/audio codecs, supports converting all HD/Video.
4. Apart from converting AVCHD to AVI, it can also convert AVCHD to DVD, convert AVCHD to iPhone, convert AVCHD to iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Zune and other portable devices.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe : builds 320 video codec and 50 audio codec, a perfect multi-functional combination of HD(AVCHD) Video Converter, DVD Burner and Online Dailymotion/Facebook/YouTube Video Downloader. Without any third-party codec, it can support Multi-track HD video M2TS, MKV, AVCHD, HDTV BDAV and MPEG-TS video movies.
WinX HD Video Converter for Mac: professional AVCHD to AVI converter software for Mac OS, provides the perfect solution to convert Blu-ray videos and videos from HDTV and HD camcorders, like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon to other formats. Running perfectly on Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan.
AVCHD Video - The Newest Sony/Panasonic HD Camcorder Format.
AVCHD Editing Software - Editing AVCHD Video with Affordable AVCHD Editing Software
Play AVCHD Video - Play AVCHD/ MTS Video on Windows and Mac OS X.
AVCHD Player - Get Top Free AVCHD Players to Play AVCHD/MTS Video on PC and Mac
Play AVCHD Video on Windows PC - How to Smoothly Play AVCHD/MTS Video on Windows PC
Play AVCHD on Mac OS X - Play AVCHD on Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard and higher.
Play AVCHD on iPad - Play AVCHD on iPad, Transfer AVCHD Video (.MTS File) to iPad Compatible Format
Play AVCHD on iPhone - Play AVCHD on iPhone with Retina LED Display
Related External Source
: AVCHD - Knowing AVCHD from WikiPedia
"may be your article is grudually grudually out of date. you know handbrake has abandon avi as output on these 0.9.4 builds, is it necessary to learn how to convert avchd to avi format? you should broad cast your avchd to mkv converting ability, that's rock! "