AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Codec High Definition. It is high definition camcorder video format jointly developed by Panasonic and Sony for use in consumer camcorders (By far some of prosumer HD camcorders also use this format). Its filename extension used M2TS, which is made to multiplex audio, video and other streams for High definition videos.
You may ask why we talk so much about AVCHD and M2TS rather than M2TS and MP4. Here we go. A M2TS file recorded from AVCHD camcorder is not quite friendly to our regular computers. It even causes over-heat of CPU and GPU. But after converting AVCHD M2TS to MP4, all troubles will be settled down.
For Windows and Mac only. If you are a mobile user, please click here.
1. AVCHD M2TS to MP4, is for nothing but enlarging the compatibility.
2. After converting M2TS video to MP4 format, you can not only find much more supported media players, comparing with AVCHD M2TS Player, but also have a wilder range of video editing software options. You know M2TS editors are always expensive and have high requirements for computer.
3. Converting M2TS to MP4 with proper parameter settings, you are allowed to play M2TS video on iPhone, iPad, iPod (iTouch), Samsung, Huawei, Nexus, Xbox, PS3/4 and other portable devices. Since MPEG-4 technology has been developed to provide DVD quality audio and pictures in an extremely small file size - ideal for playing on portable MP4 players such as the iPod video.
Full-power HD M2TS to MP4 converter software is what you need. Before choosing one, you should check out the speed, quality and usability. VideoProc is the best on this three aspects.
M2TS to MP4 Converting Speed: The feature to support Multi-core CPU within this solid HD M2TS to MP4 converter allows you to take full advantages of Hardware Acceleration along with Hyper-threading, Super Encode Engine to maximally increase the processing speed.
Full-HD 1080p Original Quality: The embedded High Quality Engine and "Yadif Double Frames" De-interlacing Engine deliver the purity of original image quality.
Easy-to-use: Usability does not mean simple. VideoProc reverses the most sophisticate video transcoding process into 1-2-3-4 routines. You can get MP4 HD video backup with few clicks.
Multi-track M2TS Support: VideoProc fully accepts multi-track M2TS, MKV, AVCHD, HDTV, BDAV and MPEG-TS. It enables you to choose your desired M2TS audio language tracks.
Step 1. Launch VideoProc. Click "Video" to get access to video transcoding window.
Step 2. Click "+Video" button to load one or multiple .m2ts files. If you have a folder full of AVCHD M2TS videos which are needed to convert to MP4, click "+Video Folder" to import all files.
Step 3. Move to the bottom of the widnow and select "Video" tab. Choose "MP4 H264" - the most compatible format with any popular device - as output format. Also, you can click "Target Format" to get full list of output profiles and select desired MP4 format from it.
Step 4. Click "Browse" button to set a destination folder. At last, click "RUN" button to start converting AVCHD M2TS to MP4 format.
• Video Transcoder: Transcode videos to HEVC, H.264, AVI, MOV, 3GP etc, with ease.
• Video Editor: Cut, merge, crop, rotate, flip videos, and enhance video quality.
• Also plays as a DVD converter, video downloader and screen recorder.
For PC and Mac only. Mobile user Click here.
May Watt is a member of Digiarty. She offers a bunch of tips of how to handle multimedia files (DVD, video files, music etc.) and keeps her focus on tech news about Apple, Google, GoPro, DJI and more.