How to Convert 4K Footage to HD or SD Videos for Offline Editing with the Fastest 4K Video Converter?
Is There Any Tool to Convert 4K Footage to AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, MKV Videos Compatible with Video Editors?
- I tend to convert 4K footage to HD or SD for offline editing. Will the converted file still retain the time code of the original footage for later online editing?
What is 4K Footage?
4K footage is the footage of a pixel resolution of 4096x2160 recorded or shot by 4K or 8K cameras like Sony PMW-F5/PMW-F55, Canon C500, Canon EOS C500, JVC GY-HMQ10, Red Epic, etc. 4K footage is usually referred to as 'Quad HD' because it has four times as much resolution as 1080p HD.
4K footage is already within the reach of both professional and amateurish videographers. Besides raw footages produced by HD video camcorders, people can get 4K sample/test/demo footage videos online from Vimeo and YouTube. 4K has approximately 2700% more pixels than standard television, and 450% more than HDTV. However, most TVs and computer monitors will still top out at 1080p only. It means that prosumers and hobbyists still need to fit the whopping 4K footage to 1080p or lower resolution displays for the majority of TVs and devices. If the time code is embedded in the 4k raw footage, it will be kept after being converted by a 4K footage converter.
How to Fast Convert 4K UHD Footage Videos?
Your best and fastest 4K footage converter is here:
Convert 4K footage video on PC/Mac, from HD camera videos AVCHD, MTS, MXF to AVI, MP4, MPEG, MKV... for offline editing
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is a simple-to-use program which comes with advanced features for encoding video files. - Editor's Review from Softpedia
How to Choose the Best 4K Footage Converter?
There are many self-labeled 4K video converters in the market, but few has a complete 4K footage support and compatibility. Among them, most can only download parts of 4K Ultra HD videos from YouTube or Vimeo, several allows only watching 4K stock footages on 4K televisions (4K TVs), such as 4K Sony KD-65X9000A, Sony 84X9005, Toshiba 55ZL2 and LG 84LM960V, rather than convenient portable devices.
So, what are the standards of judging a qualified 4K UHD footage video converter?
1. Supporting 4K videos fully: WinX 4K UHD Video Converter (or Converter for Mac) is full-fledged enough because supports not only 4K resolution videos, but also up to 8K videos, including 3840 x 2160, 4096 x 3072, 4096x2160, 5120 x 2880, 6144 x 3160 and 7680 x 4320. It will download online 4K/8K videos from YouTube, convert 4K to HD (1080P/720p), 4K to 480p, 8K to 4K, etc. With super transcoding engine built-in, this tool can convert 4K video at superfast speed. (Related: 8K Video Converter)
2. Supporting a wide range of input and output formats: WinX 4K UHD Video Converter can wander freely between all kinds of video formats, and make the converted files be accepted by diverse video editing tools and playing software/applications. The specific 4K footage related input and output formats supported by this software are listed:
|Supported 4K or HD Input||Supported Output Formats|
1. Panasonic & Canon HD camcorder Video, JVC HD camcorder Video (*.mod, *.tod), Sony HD camcorder Video (*.mts, *.m2ts);
2. 4K (AVC code, .mp4 file extension) videos from YouTube 4K channel;
3. Video recorded by Apple iPhone Xs/XR, Motorola Nexus 6, Samsung Galaxy Alpha/Note 4/Note 5/S6, Sony Xperia Z4/Z5 (Compact), LG G Pro2/G3, Acer Liquid S2, Oppo Find 7/7a, Lenovo vibe Z2, OnePlus One, Vivo Xshot, etc
1. HD videos: TS HD, MTS, MOV HD, AVC HD, MKV HD, MPEG HD, AVI HD, WMV HD
2. PC/Mac general: Chromecast, MP4, AVC, AVI, WMV, HEVC/H.265, MKV, MPEG1, MPEG2, RM, 3G2, 3GP, ASF, WEBM (VP8), FLV, F4V, SWF, DV, MOV, M4V;
3. Devices: All from Apple, Android, Microsoft, Sony, etc.
4. Audio formats: MP3, AAC, iPhone Ringtone, AC3, WMA, AIFF, CAF, DTS, OGG, AU, RA, WAV, FLAC, ALAC
5. Image format: PNG
3. Adjusting aspect ratio automatically or manually: It enables you to change the aspect ratio of a 4K footage between 16:9, 17:9, 19:10, 4:3 and 3:2 to match your devices correspondingly. During downloading or converting a 4K UHD video, you can also choose the resolutions, including 3840x2160 (2160p), 2560x1440 (1440p), 1920x1080 (1080p), 1280x720 (720p), 854x480 (480p), 640x360 (360p), 426x240 (240p), etc.
4. Don't-Make-Me-Think design: This 4K footage video downloader & converter with clutter-free design can meet the requirements of both beginners and experts. You can either choose the ready-made output profiles directly or make advanced and detailed adjustment by yourself, such as, to balance the video quality and the file size.
5. No. 1 fast 4K video converting speed: With the support for multi-core CPU usage (up to 8 Cores), improved configuring for i5/i7 CPU, AMD 3DNow! and Intel SSE3 SSE2 MMX Instructions and more importantly the advanced GPU hardware acceleration, the 4K video converting and processing speed is maximally improved up to 5X faster than any other converters. And what's plus, thanks to the GPU HW acceleration, the compute-intensive 4K video conversion task can be handed over to the dedicated GPU (instead of CPU) so as to avoid the desktop lagging issue, CPU overheating/overuse problems.
How to Fast Convert 4K Footage to HD/SD Videos for Editing?
Here is the step-by-step guide of converting a 4K footage to common HD video by WinX 4K Footage Converter as an example:
Step 1: Export a 4K footage out of a HD camera or an UHD-supported smartphone. If the 4K footage is created by 35mm film, it needs to be transformed to be a 4K digital file at first.
Step 2: Convert/Compress 4K UHD videos with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe on Windows or WinX HD Video Converter for Mac on Mac.
1. Download and install the converter, click "+ Video" button on the top and add the source 4K footage digital video by browsing in your computer.
2. Choose an output format compatible with and corresponding to your video editing software (before that, you’d better figure out what formats are supported by it). The program allows you to convert 4K UHD footage videos to AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, MPEG, DV, FLV, 3GP formats, or play back them on iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, Samsung Galaxy Alpha, Note 4, Sony Xperia Z2/Z3, Kind Fire, HTC One M8, PSP, PS4 and so on.
3. Change the video resolution and aspect ratio for your video editor if necessary. For instance, WinX 4K Video Converter allows you to change the aspect ratio, from 4:3 to 16:9, to faultlessly fit the 4K Ultra HD TV or any other devices that can play videos.
Step 3: Click RUN to make it start converting the 4K footage. After a while, you can import the converted video file to the video editing software and make online/offline editing.
Footage - In filmmaking and video producing, footage refers to the raw or unedited material as it had been originally filmed by movie camera or recorded by a video camera. In general cases, it should be edited to create a motion picture, video clip, television show or the like. More loosely, footage can also refer to all sequences used in film and video editing.
Stock Footage vs Archive Footage - Difference Between Basic Stock Footage and Archive Footage
4K video recording devices – List of devices that can record or shoot 4K Ultra HD quality videos.