Home > News > Small and light digital music player
The Smaller and Lighter Digital Music Player, iPod Shuffle
- The new iPod shuffle lets users experience their music in a million which is a breakthrough digital music player based on iPod's legendary shuffle feature different ways.
- "iPod shuffle is smaller and lighter than a pack of gum and costs less than $100," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "With most flash-memory music players users must use tiny displays and complicated controls to find their music, with iPod shuffle you just relax and it serves up new combinations of your music every time you listen."
- The iPod shuffle selects songs from the user's music library or playlists randomly. In addition, iPod shuffle works seamlessly with iTunes and its innovative new patent-pending AutoFill feature, which selects the songs to fill iPod shuffle from user's complete music library on their computer automatically. And at any time, with a flip of a switch on the back of iPod shuffle, users can choose to listen to their music in order rather than shuffled, perfect for listening to a favorite new album.
- Users can charge and convert music format from their Mac or PC by plugging iPod shuffle directly into a USB port conveniently. Doubles as a portable USB flash drive with up to 1GB of storage space to back up personal files and exchange them between computers.
- The iPod has also created a booming accessory market, and it is being introduced with several optional accessories. Including in addition to the lanyard, there is an optional armband that makes iPod shuffle perfect for many athletic activities. An optional sport case keeps iPod shuffle safely protected from outdoor elements with its clear case and neck strap. An optional dock serves as an elegant and convenient home base for syncing and charging iPod shuffle, and an optional USB power adapter easily charges iPod shuffle when it's away from the computer by simply plugging it into any electrical outlet. Users can extend the iPod shuffle battery life with an optional battery pack that holds two AAA batteries and keeps the music playing for up to 20 additional hours
- Pricing & Availability
- The 512MB and 1GB models of iPod shuffle for Mac or Windows already on sale at a suggested retail price of $99 (US) and $149 (US) respectively, and it include earbud headphones, lanyard and a CD with iTunes 4.7.1 for Mac and Windows computers. The optional accessories of iPod shuffle, including arm band, sport case, battery pack, dock and USB power adaptor are retail price of $29 (US) each.
- The iPod shuffle requires a Mac with a USB port and Mac OS X version 10.2.8 or Mac OS X version 10.3.4 or later, or a Windows PC with a USB port, or a USB card and Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional Service Pack 4 or later.