Home > News > iPhone in South Korea
iPhone will be available in South Korea
- Apple's iPhone will be available in South Korea later this month. KT has announced that it will officially begin sales of the 8GB iPhone 3G as well as the 16GB and 32GB iPhone 3GS in South Korea on November 28.
- In South Korea, there is a company has already reported that over 15,000 units have been pre-ordered within the first day of availability.
- Many consumers are taking advantage of Internet sites that are allowing consumers to pre-order the phones. This has been a much anticipated release as it is been delayed several times, but this finally seems like it will be the real deal.
- Part of the reason for the delay in making the iPhone available in South Korea was due to regulations surrounding the location based services the iPhone offers.
- Under South Korean law, any business offering location based services such as maps and direction finders has to obtain permission from the government first.
- Korea Communications Commission finally approved the granting of a business license to Apple to offer the location based services on Wednesday meaning that the last of the obstacles had been overcome.
- It remains to be seen though, whether Apple will be able to eat into the dominance those Asian based manufacturers like Samsung Electronics and LG Electronics as well as Pantech Co have in South Korea. Locals tend to favour these suppliers over others.
- Recommend Related Software:
- WinX Free DVD to iPhone Ripper
Ripping DVD disc movies into iPhone, iPod + touch, Apple TV video formats, extracting audio from DVD into MP3 music, easy and full control video and audio parameters, amazing fast ripping speed and excellent video quality.
- WinX Free iPhone Video Converter
Converting popular video formats include AVI, FLV, WMV etc. to iPhone, iPod + touch, Apple TV video formats, support separating audio from original video into MP3 music, easy video splitting, full control output image size and other video and audio parameters adjustments.