Home > News > Adhoc Party for the PSP
Sony has Announced Adhoc Party for the PSP in North America
- Recently, Sony has announced that game service Adhoc Party is to launch in Europe, South Afriaca, Australia and New Zealand. A beta version of the service was launched in Japan last November and uses the PlayStation 3's wi-fi adapter to essentially turn the home console into a server for the PSP.
- Adhoc Party fixes one of the biggest complaints about the system and could change how gamers look at dozens of games. So what does Adhoc Party do? Well, it lets you play any game with Adhoc support on the Internet. Yep, you heard that right.
- "The PlayStation brand is synonymous with creating exciting new game play experiences that connect and challenge people in ways they never thought possible," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president, product marketing, SCEA. "Adhoc Party for the PSP system creates an avenue for gamers to connect, strategize, and compete with each other - Gran Turismo is a great example of this. Polyphony Digital developed robust Ad Hoc features within the game, which are now even more accessible through Adhoc Party. We saw this as a tremendous opportunity to enhance the PSP system's online gaming experience and bring the service to our North American consumers."
- "The secret to Monster Hunter's fantastic success on PSP around the world has been the social aspect of the game, which brings together players from all walks of life," said Mark Beaumont, chief operating officer, North America and Europe, Capcom. "Adhoc Party for the PSP system will connect gamers to the content they love as well as to those who share the same passion for gaming. At last, Monster Hunter fans will be able to adventure together, regardless of where they are in North America."
- With more users, just make sure that you can connect your PlayStation 3 to the Internet directly to your router via an Ethernet cable, however, as the Ad-Hoc Party software will require exclusive use of the system's wireless connectivity in order to work. Stay tuned for another update as soon as this is available for download.