Posted by Donna Peng - Contact Author
Get the best iTunes alternative for macOS Catalina: The solution most recommended by us [85%]
iOS 13 includes several new features such as Dark Mode, QuickPath swipe keyboard, and big performance enhancements. By updating to iOS 13, you'll get faster app launch, faster Face ID unlock, smaller app downloads and updates in iOS 13. The iOS 13 public beta was available on June 24, and it's likely to launch iOS 13 with new iPhone 11 in Mid-September 2019. Here's a guide to upgrading to iOS 13, problems with the iOS 13 and how to fix them.
How to Update Your iPhone to iOS 13
What Devices Support iOS 13
iPhone 5s and iPhone 6/6 Plus don't support iOS 13. According to Apple, the following iPhones can run iOS 13. iPod touch (7th generation) is also compatible with the new iOS. iPhone Xs/Xs Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone SE.
How to Install iOS 13 on Your iPhone
Step 1: The first and foremost thing is to backup your iPhone before upgrading to iOS 13.
Step 2: Open Safari on iPhone, head to Apple beta signup page and log in. The latest iOS 13 beta version is beta 6.
Step 3: Tap Enroll Your Device.
Step 4: Under Install profile section, tap the Download profile button.
Step 5: Tap Allow on the popping up screen. Tap Install on top of the Install Profile page.
Step 6: Click the Restart button on the popping up warning to apply changes.
iOS 13 Update Problems and Fixes
1. CarPlay not working
CarPlay not functioning is the most frequently mentioned issue with iOS 13 beta. The new iOS crashes CarPlay. It shows a black screen when plugging in the iPhone to the car.
1. On your iPhone, tap Settings > General > CarPlay, select your car model, tap Forget this car, and then readded CarPlay.
2. Go to Settings > Display, and turn off Bold Text. Some tested this way worked like a charm.
3. Restart your iPhone, and then unlock your iPhone to use CarPlay.
4. Try switching off Bluetooth and CarPlay should work fine now.
2. Battery Drain Issue
Many users are experiences battery drain issue on iPhone (even on iPhone XS) after installing iOS 13 beta. Fast battery drain is a long-existing problem. After downgrading to iOS 12, the problem doesn't happen. Learn how to save battery power on iPhone.
1. Turn off all the apps on your devices.
2. Reset your iPhone or iPad.
3. Downgrade iOS 13 to iOS 12.
4. Wait for a new version of iOS.
3. Network error/warning
Network warning happens in iOS 13 beta. It seems to be a crash. Users reported that the error occurred when it gets data from the backend.
Fixes: Removing Firebase/Performance works for the issue, according to users' feedback.
4. SMS Messages Not Working
Some can receive but not send SMS messages through Messages on iPhone or iPad updating to iOS 13 beta. Messages Send & Receive submenu doesn't show on devices.
1. Log out and log in to Message.
2. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
3. Try resetting network settings on your devices.
5. Wireless Charging BrokenWireless charging doesn't work on iOS 13 beta. The flash symbol is gone in battery icon on the iPhone. Cable charging works great.
1. Reboot your iPhone and put it on the wireless charger to see if the problem is solved.
2. Test with Optimized Battery Charging off. It's could a bug with the optimized charging setting.
6. Unable to Install iOS 13 UpdateThe problem also happens to iOS 12, iOS 11. An error message says "Unable to install the update. An error occurred installing iOS 13 Public Beta."
1. Make sure you have enough storage space (at least 3-5 GB) for the update.
2. Go to General - Reset - Reset Network Settings, and reset your network settings on your device.
3. Remove and download the iOS 13 update, then installing the update again.
4. Restart your device, and try manually update.
7. iOS 13 Over the Air Update Not Available
Over the air update doesn't work, and it's also happening with iPadOS. Note that the OTA profiles for iOS 13 beta may not be available on the developer download page.
1. Make sure you are up to date on all new agreements to agree, Apple support suggests.
2. Plugin your phone, find it in Finder. Then you should see the Restore button and grab the IPSW.
Best Data Backup Software for iOS 13
You may need - WinX MediaTrans
- Back up photos, music, videos, movies, TV shows, purchases, podcasts, voice, ebooks, etc. for iPhone iPad to computer via drag and drop.
- Transfer data between iPhone ,iPad, iPod and computer.
- Manage photos, videos, music, and other media files. Make ringtone, edit song tag, delete data.
- Compatible iOS 13 and earlier.
Download WinX MediaTrans for Mac to back up iPhone iPad data before updating to iOS 13
Download WinX MediaTrans for Windows to back up iPhone iPad data before updating to iOS 13