Q: "My iPhone 7 is not charging, help please."
Your iPhone 7 battery is low and you just plug in it for charging, but find the iPhone 7 isn't charging. If your iPhone 7 won't charge, it could be the hardware or software problem. This article mainly focuses on helping you fix iPhone 7 not charging problem. Find some causes and solutions in this post.
New Apple iPhone 7/7 Plus have been released on Apple September 2016 Special Event (Sept. 7, 2016) and they are available for pre-order on Sept. 9, 2016. Latest iPhone 7/7 Plus features no headphone jack, improved camera, water and dust resistance, new Home button, new black and jet black colors, stereo speakers, and especially iPhone 7 Plus with dual-lens camera. All of these improvements have made iPhone 7 the most high-end mobile phone in 2016. >> More iPhone 7/Plus New Features and Specs
Why won't iPhone 7/7 Plus charge? It perhaps because the iPhone 7 charging port is filled with dust, the iPhone 7 charging cable isn't working, etc. Possible reasons and fixes are listed below.
Fix iPhone 7 Won't Charge - Hardware Problems and Solutions:
1. Check your iPhone 7 charging cable and USB adapter to see if it has some damages, like breakage or bent prongs. You can also borrow a charging cable from friends or families or change new accessories to have a try. Just be aware that low-quality 3rd-party iPhone charger cables may also cause iPhone charging probelms, so iPhone 7 original charging cable is recommended.
2. If you connect your iPhone 7 with computer and find it is not charging, you may use a wall power outlet and check for firm connections between your charging cable, USB wall adapter, and wall outlet, or try a different outlet to see if the iPhone 7 charges. >> How to Fix iPhone 7 Not Connecting to Computer
3. Use a toothpick or a small needle to clean the charging port on the bottom of your iPhone to remove any debris, then firmly plug your charging cable into your iPhone. If the charging port is damaged, your device may need repair service.
4. Turn off the iPhone 7 and charge it for a few minutes or half an hour. If you didn't see the charging screen within an hour, check if the accessories are defective or firmly connected.
1. Some software glitches may also cause your iPhone 7 not charging. You may force restart your iPhone 7: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. Then let your iPhone 7 charge for another half hour again.
2. Check software update and make sure you have installed the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
3. If your iPhone 7 still won't charge or turn on, try to restore your iPhone 7 to factory settings in iTunes.
a. Connect your iPhone 7 to iTunes on Mac or Windows PC via Lightning or 30-pin Dock connector. >> iPhone iTunes Connect Errors and Fixes
b. Click on the Device icon at the top left in iTunes and click Backup to backup iPhone 7 data. >> Best iPhone 7 Backup Software
c. Click Restore iPhone to start restoring the device. Once the process is completed, your iPhone 7 will reboot. Follow the steps to set your iPhone 7. They try to charge your iPhone 7 again.
If all the measures failed and your iPhone 7 still won't charge or turn on, you can bring your iPhone, charging cable, and charging USB adapter to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for evaluation and repair. You can also contact Apple Support for help.
- Export photos: Export iPhone iPad photos to computer hard drive to free up more space for your iPhone iPad at No.1 fast speed. 1000 photos can be transferred within 1 minute.
- Transfer video: Transfer 4K/HD/SD videos/movies between iPhone iPad and computer with no quality loss. Auto convert any video to MP4 as well as auto rotate video to fit for iPhone iPad full screen playback.
- Music transfer: Easily sync music/songs between computer and iPhone iPad iPod with zero data loss. Manage and edit iPhone music/playlists freely.
- Add, delete, export and make iPhone (7) ringtones. Export and import iBooks in iPhone. Make your iPhone as a free flash drive to store any kind of file, like Docs, PDFs, Excels and more.
- Amazingly fast. Extremely easy-to-use. Smooth and stable. 100% clean and safe.
Note: The names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners. Any logo, trademark and image relating to other companies that may be contained wherein are applied in the internet and are not used for commercial use. Digiarty's Software is not developed by or affiliated with such companies.