It is reported that Samsung has reclaimed the title of world's largest smartphone vendor in the first quarter of 2015. Needless to say, Apple will take some measures to strike back. I guess there must be new iPhone 7 scheduled for this year. However, I am not sure when it will be revealed and what new features the new iPhone 7 will sport. So can someone tell me any information about iPhone 7's release date, rumors and specs?
It is worth noting that Samsung's back on top comes with caveats, with its market share dropping from 31.2% to 24.1% year over year while Apple's growing from 15.3% to 17.8%. Nevertheless, Apple will rack its brain to compete with Samsung and gain more market share undoubtedly with its ninth entry in iPhone series. According to your concerns, I will make a roundup of the inevitably upcoming release date of iPhone 7 and its rumors and specs.
As per Apple convention for the past several years, it is expected that the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be released by September 2015, given that Apple released the iPhone 6 models in September 2014 and the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C in September 2013.
Rumor mill started running as soon as iPhone 6/6 Plus was released and, with September fast approaching, iPhone 7 rumors about its specs and features have been revved up. Here are the highlights:
1. Force Touch will be the biggest selling point, which has been applied onto Apple Watch, Macbook and Macbook Pro.
2. On top of 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, Apple will even offer a 4 inches model to cater for old-fashioned consumers. If you want to watch DVD movies on iPhone 7, you might need this powerful DVD ripper.
3. Apple will break the existing three-color mode, adding rose gold, similar to the color available on the Apple Watch Edition.
4. The camera, already rumored to be iPhone's best yet, will sport 12-megapixels.
5. The new iPhone will forsake iOS 8, bolstered with iOS 9.
6. A new A9 processor with 2GB of RAM will be built in the new iPhone instead of the A8 processor with 1GB of RAM on the current generation.
7. The current models' Gorilla Glass will be replaced by a sapphire display, which offers a higher degree of scratch and shatter-resistance. (The higher-end Apple Watch models have sapphire crystals.)
That is all for the roundup of iPhone 7 release date, rumors and specs. However, since still several months away from September, it is highly likely that new features and rumors will surface or be officially verified. Stay tuned with us for the updates of any information about iPhone 7.