With September fast approaching, the huge group of Apple fans start to be filled with excitement as they know a new iPhone, as per tradition, is going to be unveiled pretty soon. However, I am more concerned about Apple's next generation operating systems for Mac and iOS, aka OS X 10.11 and iOS 9. What are their main features and release date? Are there any similarities between these two operating systems?
iOS 9 vs OS X 10.11: Release Date
As two of the most significant releases by Apple in 2015, both iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 were introduced for the first time at WWDC 2015 on June 8. Apple also promised that these two operating systems would be officially available to the public this fall. And that's really true. iOS 9 was released on September 16, 2015 and Mac OS X 10.11 OS X 10.11 on September 30, 2015.
iOS 9 vs OS X 10.11: Features
Every major release of brand new iOS or Mac operating system will, more or less, bring some unprecedented features and improvements to the loyal users, so will iOS 9 and OS X 10.11.
iOS 9 Features
1. iOS 9 brings true multitasking to its newer iPad tablets, and iPads will finally be able to handle more hefty productivity tasks.
2. New iOS 9 keyboard aims to be the best keyboard, featuring a built-in shortcut bar, which flanks the next-word suggestions above the QWERTY letter keys.
3. There's not much anti-virus software available for the Apple iOS, and the few products that do exist are limited in their abilities.
4. Siri in iOS 9 is getting the much-needed smarts to rival Google Now and understands the word "it" within context and brings proactivity to the operating system.
OS X 10.11 Features
1. OS X El Capitan brings a slightly revamped multi-desktop management system called Spaces Bar.
2. One of the biggest improvements El Capitan will bring with it is Metal, a low-level, low-overhead hardware-accelerated graphics API.
3. Spotlight search, along with gaining deeper functionality and more sources, supports natural language input in El Capitan.
4. In El Capitan, Mission Control has a cleaner, more streamlined design for quicker window organization.
iOS 9 vs OS X 10.11: Similarities
Don't be surprised if you find iOS 9 bears some similarities to OS X 10.11 in the context of both of them being developed by the same company. This time, OS X 10.11 introduces a new Split View feature that mirrors the iOS 9 multitasking feature on the iPad and allows for two full-screen apps to be used at the same time side-by-side. They also share the Spotlight feature and are added with a new font- San Francisco.