Google Nexus, a series of Android mobiles developed by Google, has become one of the most popular portable devices series. Especially, the latest devices, Nexus 5 smartphone, Nexus 7/10 tablets, are equipped larger screen size with improved resolution than previous generation to sho higher image quality during playing movies and videos. However, if you would like to play splendid DVD movies on Google Nexus, you may need a powerful free DVD to Nexus ripper to convert DVD to MP4 or other video formats Google Nexus supports.
You can get abundant of free rippers from Google, software centers etc. Which one is the best free DVD to Nexus ripper? There are some tips for you.
1. Useful Feature. The ripper must be able to rip DVD to Google Nexus for playback smoothly. Also, a ripper with advanced options, such as bit rate and resolution adjustments may be prior to be chosen.
2. Easy-to-use. The clear and concise interface will let you quickly learn how to operate this ripper with ease.
3. Speed and Quality. The best DVD to Nexus ripper should quick to convert DVDs with high video and audio quality.
4. Stability. The more stable ripper is, the more popular it will be.
5. Clean and Safe. A completely stand-alone ripper without adware, spyware, virus and trojan ripper is much greater.
According to these tips and feedback from users, the following DVD rippers are considered as top 3 free DVD to Google Nexus rippers.
1. WinX DVD Ripper
WinX DVD Ripper is specially designed for free converting DVD/DVD Folder to Google Nexus and other widely-used portable devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC etc. It also enables to rip DVD/DVD Folder to mainstream video formats like MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV.
Moreover, except latest protected Disney DVDs, WinX DVD Ripper supports ripping DVDs encrypted with CSS, UOP, RCE, region code and Sony ARccOS. Also, you can change bit rate, resolution and other options to meet your requirements.
About the conversion speed and quality, it is proved that WinX DVD Ripper just costs about 30 seconds to rip a DVD title with duration of 2 minutes to Google Nexus and outputs a quite wonderful image quality during playing through a ripping test.
HandBrake is another well-received free and open-source DVD to Nexus ripper. It focuses on ripping DVD or DVD Folder to MP4, M4V, MKV and portable devices iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV and Android with video and audio parameters adjustments, such as bit rate, resolution. With the straightforware interface, you can easily understand how to add source DVDs and convert to video format like MP4 supported by Google Nexus without any guesswork.
However, Handbrake cannot remove CSS encryption or other protections of DVDs and becomes useless if you need to convert protected DVDs for playback on Google Nexus. And, it is tested as 3 times slower than WinX DVD Ripper to convert DVDs to Google Nexus.
3. Format Factory
Format Factory is a versatile free multimedia converter to convert video/audio/picture, rip DVDs to MP4 supported format by Google Nexus and other popular video formats or copy to ISO. It supports advanced settings of conversion and 62 languages. Certainly, it is user friendly for its easily operation and great functions.
Although it is a wonderful free DVD to Nexus ripper, you may be annoyed with ads, which you may confuse them with function buttons, on the interface. Once you click it, you will be required to install Ask toolbar. And, it is a little strange that the conversion will be run all the time if you don't click Stop even though you have gotten 100% conversion state.
From the above reviews, you can get that WinX DVD Ripper is the best free DVD to Nexus ripper and much more helpful than other two rippers because of its quicker conversion speed, encrypted DVDs conversion supporting and totally stand-alone.
Please download and install WinX DVD Ripper (Mac version) at first.
1. Click DVD Disc/Folder to load DVD. After loading, you can find that the titles are listed on the right of preview player and main title is automatically detected.
2. Click to MP4 and you can set Codec, Video Quality, Resolution and other options to make the converted video be more suitable for playing on Nexus 5/7/10.
3. Click Browse to set output folder and Start to convert.
If you need to rip latest Disney encrypted DVDs to Google Nexus series, please upgrade this free DVD to Nexus ripper to advanced version: WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. Comparing with WinX DVD Ripper, this advanced version supports much more formats and portable devices, including the latest smartphone/tablet profile. It also enables to copy and backup DVD to ISO/Folder/MPEG 2 file. The embedded in High Quality Engine and multi-core CPU utility greatly improves conversion speed and video quality.