AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Codec High Definition. AVCHD is high definition camcorder video format jointly developed by Panasonic and Sony for use in consumer camcorders. And by far some other HD camcorder manufacturers also provide AVCHD supported products, for instance, Canon HF S200, Hitachi DZ-BD10HA, JVC GZ-HM1. AVCHD records video at a range of resolutions including 1080p, 1080i and 720p. Most AVCHD camcorders that advertise themselves as "Full HD" models will record HD video at a resolution of 1080i.
The iPad is a tablet computer designed and developed by Apple. Inc. It is particularly marketed as a platform for audio and visual media such as AVCHD Video playback. At about 700 grams (25 ounces), its size and weight are between those of most contemporary smartphones and laptop computers. Apple released the iPad in April 2010, and sold 3 million of the devices in 80 days. Apple's iPad tablet follows on from the company's iPad and bridges the gap between the iPod touch and iPhone models and its MacBook range of laptops.
The iPad's Touch Screen display is a 25 cm (9.7 in) Liquid Crystal Display (1024 x 768 pixels) with fingerprint-resistant and scratch-resistant glass. It makes iPad also a perfect AVCHD video playback solution. Such a high-resolution, 9.7-inch LED-backlit IPS display will make you play and watch AVCHD video on iPad with remarkably crisp and vivid. Watching AVCHD movie and video upon iPad, there is no up or down. It's designed to show off your AVCHD file content in portrait or landscape orientation with every turn. And because it uses a display technology called IPS (in-plane switching), it has a wide, 178° viewing angle. So you can hold it almost any way you want and still get a brilliant AVCHD image, with excellent color and contrast as well. Moreover, thanks to iPad Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life and Wireless Fastest Wi-Fi Networks, it leaves no reason to refuse play and watch AVCHD video on your iPad.
On a computer, you can Play AVCHD Video from the camcorder connected via USB as an external storage device or from the computer's internal hard disk drive. But on iPad, the luck does not go so far. You know the AVCHD file has .mts extension, but Apple iPad device only supports H.264 video up to 720p and MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels. So if you want to make iPad a AVCHD Player, you need to get proper video converter software to convert video from AVCHD to iPad supported formats.
After comparison between the most popular video converter, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is dedicatedly designed to convert AVCHD to iPad. The reasons that make WinX surpass other AVCHD video converters is quite enough!
* 1. WinX maintains the best preserved output video quality from the original AVCHD video. According to sufficient knowledge that has been put out in Press Release, we learned AVCHD video is Mostly Similar to MPEG-4 (exactly speaking, AVCHD video utilizes MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (AVC) video compression codec). So when we convert AVCHD video to iPad supported MPEG-4/H.264 video, the visual quality loss is regardless and undistinguishable.
* 2. Play and watch AVCHD video on iPad, you need to resize AVCHD video's 1920x1080 resolution to iPad maximally supported 1280x720 HD MPEG-4/H.264 video. And WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe's Shrink Feature just made for bringing you this convenience.
* 3. With WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe, there is no need to set the conversion parameters manually. Well prepared iPad Profile Setting will save your time and offer you plenty iPad setting options, range from 640x480 MPEG-4 Normal Quality to 1280x720 MPEG-4/H.264 HD quality.
* 4. Furthermore, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe can even improve your source AVCHD video with its High Quality Engine. It maximally preserves the original image quality, and after transfer AVCHD onto iPad, the output picture is as outstanding as watch on computer.
All AVCHD camcorders except for AVCHD Lite models use recording 1080 Interlaced Video (1080i).When watching converted AVCHD 1080i video on your iPad (since it don't have built-in De-interlacing engine like flat-panel televisions), the image you see from AVCHD video will not be true to the original.
But because of Advanced De-interlacing Engine built-in, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe supports converting AVCHD video from interlacing to progressive scanning. It will bring you more vivid and smooth AVCHD video image on iPad.
* 5. One of AVCHD video's advantages is that AVCHD video has several Audio/Language tracks. It is just the same case with DVD(AVCHD video is similar to DVD movies, like vivid image and selectable language tracks). Owning to Unique Multi-track Feature, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe allows you to freely choose AVCHD video audio/language tracks. If your resource AVCHD video is not English or you want to learn other language, it is definitely a useful feature far beyond your imagination.
It is quite easy to install it under guidance on computer. Here we just take playing AVCHD to iPad Air 2 for example:
Step 1. Click "+ Video" icon to add your AVCHD video to WinX software;
Step 2. Choose "Apple Devices" -> "to iPad Video" -> "iPad Air 2" by order, and as to the output format, either MPEG4 and H264 codec can be chosen as you prefer;
Step 3. Select the destination folder on your computer to save your AVCHD to iPad converted video as you like;
Step 4. Hit blue "RUN" button to start AVCHD to iPad video converting.
What's more: There are great many options to enjoy AVCHD video with WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. For instance, download and upload AVCHD to YouTube (generally FLV format), burn AVCHD video to DVD for playback on Blu-ray disc player and PS3, freely play and watch AVCHD video on iPhone/iPod/Apple TV, make moveble photo slideshow with background music.
Since all of the popular Apple, Android, Microsoft and Sony devices can't support AVCHD video natively, if you want play AVCHD on iPhone 6s/6/6 Plus/5S/5C, iPad Air 3/mini 4, Galaxy Note 4/Note 3, Galaxy Note Edge, HTC Desire 816, Xperia Z1/Z2/Z3, PSP, PS4 and WP8 etc. portable devices, WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is also worth a try!
Still have problem about how to play AVCHD on iPad series gadgets? Please feel free to Email Us >>