Burn MKV to DVD - Convert All MKV Elements to DVD Disc on PC/Mac
On this page you will find the advantages of burning MKV to DVD and how to copy full MKV elements to DVD disc, say create MKV DVD with chapters, menus and selectable language/subtitle tracks.
Why choose MKV as the target video to convert to DVD?
MKV video, also called Matroska video, is flexible and open source container format. People used to regard MKV video as wonderful container format because it can hold multi-track video/audio/subtitle streams, which allows you to choose whichever one you preferred (like DVD or Blu-ray structures). And, MKV video is also the most acceptable HD video on the internet. It is due to MKV video efficient space and bandwidth usage, even WebM video is based on MKV format.
MKV files you find are possibly with the high definition video content. This video is usually crystal clear based on its source. However, when you trying to burn MKV to DVD-Video, the output is usually a format for standard definition (SD) content, exactly it is supposed to be MPEG-2 (related resource Rip DVD to MKV; best DVD to MKV ripper).
How to make ideal MKV DVD - copy full MKV extra features to DVD?
1. Prior consideration is keeping all MKV cinematic extras - one feature that make MKV video override other container formats, like AVI, ASF, is MKV video supports advanced cinematic extras such as multiple audio tracks (e.g. director's commentary), multilingual subtitles, chapter points, bonus content and more. If possible, MKV video even supports multi-track videos by shooting from different angles.
So when trying to copy MKV file to DVD disc, you still need to maintain alternate audio tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, as well as rich metadata authoring including cover art, ratings, descriptions and more. Then your self-made MKV DVD somewhat is just the same as commercial DVDs.
2. High-def video also needs to be guaranteed - MKV container format is perfect for H.264 HD video, which can achieve high quality video in relatively low bitrates. However, as for DVD disc, MPEG-2 is the only option to burn and transfer to. If you cannot tolerate the degradation of quality lost from H.264 MPEG-4 to MPEG-2, some MKV to DVD burner software will make their great effort to redeem the data loss by efficient decoding and encoding method.
WinX MKV to DVD Burner is a good choice in this aspect. Its encoding is based on Vibrate Bite Rate, which allows a higher bitrate (and therefore more storage space) to be allocated to the more complex segments of media files while less space is allocated to less complex segments.
Note: the advantages of VBR are that it produces a better quality-to-space ratio compared to a CBR (Constant Biterate) file of the same data. The bits available are used more flexibly to encode the sound or video data more accurately, with fewer bits used in less demanding passages and more bits used in difficult passages.
3. Third thing that counts is have choices for DVD formats - like TV Standard: Select the correct TV Standard for your MKV DVD disc. If you want to play the burned disc on the USA or Canada, you should choose the "NTSC" option. If you are from Europe, Australia or New Zealand, "PAL" will be the mostly used option. Aspect Ratio: If your TV is a regular TV, just select 4:3. If your TV is a wide screen TV, you should select 16:9. (Related: Convert Video Aspect Ratio from 4:3 to 16:9 for Widescreen Display)
Aside from burning MKV to DVD disc, what else can you use MKV for?
Burning MKV to DVD is definitely an ideal solution for better sharing your MKV videos, and you can also get other options to make your MKV movie widespread. Converting MKV to MP4 is a good call. After converting MKV to MP4/M4V, you are allowed to play the file on PC, Mac OS (learn how to Play MKV video with best MKV player), iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, etc.
AVCHD camcorder also relates with MKV video tightly. Since AVCHD Video can easily burned to DVD disc, they are not playable on DVD player, but Blu-ray player. Therefore, to keep the 1080p HD AVCHD recordings, you can convert AVCHD M2TS to MKV, then burn MKV to DVD disc for playback on DVD player.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum: Advanced version of free WinX DVD Ripper. Besides converting DVD to AVI at fastest speed in excellent quality, also converting DVD to MP4, MPEG, MOV, WMV, FLV, M2TS, TS, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android, Samsung, HTC, Microsoft, Google, Sony, Nokia, Asus, Acer, etc. Makes perfect 1:1 DVD to ISO image/DVD folder copy and clone DVD to multi-track MPEG2 file with 5 minutes only. Constantly update to defeat upcoming DVD copy protections.
WinX DVD Ripper for Mac: Mac version WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, best DVD ripper for El Capitan/Yosemite/Mavericks/Mountain Lion/Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard, convert DVD to MKV, MP4, H.264, MOV, M4V videos that are playable on Mac computer, as well as DVD to iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple TV, iTunes, iDVD, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Air Playit, Android, etc.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe: Built in hundreds of A/V codecs and equipped with Online Dailymotion/Facebook/YouTube Video Downloader and Photo Slideshow Maker functions. As all-in-one HD Video Converter software, it helps you transcode HD video formats like convert AVCHD M2TS to MKV, convert Blu-ray to MKV, H.265/MKV to MP4, etc. Moreover, it is embedded with numerous profile settings for Apple, Samsung, HTC, Sony, Microsoft portable devices, iOS, Android, Windows mobiles. Convert MKV to iPhone, MKV to iPad are good examples.
WinX HD Video Converter for Mac: Professional HD Video converter for converting HD Videos on Mac OS, provides the perfect solution to convert Blu-ray videos and videos from HDTV and HD camcorders, like JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Cannon to other formats. Also act as a Mac screen and camera video recorder, slideshow maker, Online Dailymotion/Facebook/YouTube video downloader, etc. Running perfectly on Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion/Mavericks/Yosemite/El Capitan.
YouTube to DVD: Convert and Burn YouTube Videos to DVD on Windows (10)
Burn Movie to DVD: Free Burn a Movie to DVD on Windows (10)
Definition and Description of MKV: MKV Video Format Reference Page
Definition and Description of DVD: DVD Disc Reference Page
Best Free DVD Burner: Best Free DVD Burner for Windows 7/8.1/10 - Burn MP4/AVI/MKV Video to DVD
Convert M2TS to MKV: Convert M2TS to MKV, Compress HD M2TS to MKV - Keep Image Quality
Convert MKV to MP4: Convert MKV to MP4, Play MKV on New iPod touch iOS 4 with MP4 M4V
Convert MKV to iPhone: Convert MKV to iPhone MP4/M4V to play MKV on iPhone 960 x 960 Retina Display
Convert MKV to iPad: Convert MKV to iPad MP4/M4V to play MKV on iPad 1024 x 768 LED Display
Related External Source
: Matroska - MKV, Free Open Source HD Video format, born with future designs
: DVD - Digital Video Disc or Digital Versatile Disc
- WinX DVD Ripper Platinum
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
- WinX DVD Copy Pro
- WinX DVD Ripper for Mac
- WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
- WinX DVD to iPhone Ripper
- WinX iPhone Ripper for Mac
- WinX iPhone Video Converter
- WinX iPhone Converter for Mac
- WinX Bluray DVD iPad Ripper
- WinX DVD to iPad Ripper for Mac
- WinX iPad Video Converter
- WinX YouTube Downloader
Fast DVD Ripper, DVD Rip, DVD Copy, Free DVD Ripper, HD Video Converter, YouTube MP4 Downloader, DVD Converter, DVD Decrypter, DVD Ripper for Mac, DVD Ripping Software, DVD to MP4, MP4 DVD, DVD to AVI, DVD Backup, Rip Copy Protected DVD, DVD ISO, DVD Burning Software, WinX Answers