Why We Backup Copy DVD to External Hard Drive/Thumb Drive? The followings are the real user demands of backing up DVDs to external hard drive using No.1 movie DVD ripper - WinX DVD Ripper Platinum:
- I intend to backup all of my DVD's and videos to an external hard drive for the purpose of creating my own "Video on Demand", where I can browse through all of my movies with my computer before selecting a movie to watch.
- I'm trying to rip my entire collection of nearly 2000 DVDs to hard drive to be plugged into my smart TV. I also will be watching movies on my android and laptop as well. The quality of the video leaves a little to be desired compared to Handbrake.
- I am ripping my DVDs into mp4 and storing them on an external drive. I have a converter that plugs into my hdmi port that allows me to plug the drive in and play the files.
So people are converting DVD to thumb drive or hard drive externally to create video on demand, to create a DVD collection, to play DVD on a plane while travelling, playback DVD videos on smart TV/Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones/tablets, or laptops, while saving the space of computer hard drive…
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - the fastest and best tool to rip, backup, copy DVD to external hard drive, thumb drive, USB flash drive and more. Just free downlod it to have a try!!! [100% clean guarantee]
Ripping DVD to an external hard drive, hard disk drive (HDD) or thumb drive is extremely easy if you have downloaded and installed WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. Still have no this ripper? Download it Now!
You may be confused about how to choose an output format since there is no direct profile(s) named "Hard Drive" or "Thumb Drive". Indeed, you have a great many choices only depending on what your purpose of using the output video file.
1. Backup DVD to ISO image/MPEG2/DVD folder: fast speed, original DVD quality and structure, big file size, convenient for future DVD burning;
2. Convert DVD to PC/Mac General Video: diversified choices, different video formats for different purposes and acceptances, convert DVD to AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, MPEG, etc with smaller file size;
3. Rip DVD to Device/Web Video: convert DVD to mobile/web videos, make DVDs playable on the Apple/Android/Microsoft/Sony/other portable devices in mobile way, or compatible with YouTube, Facebook, general webs, etc.
We recommend MP4 as the output format when ripping DVD to external drive/thumb drive with comparatively well preserved video quality, small file size and wide uses.
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is even in full support of ripping copy-protected DVDs and latest commercial DVDs. It provides hundreds of profiles and formats to meet different needs of users. It also has a Mac version for Mac users. Please feel free to download the DVD ripper for Windows and Mac.
Step 1: Double click to make WinX DVD Ripper Platinum running.
Step 2: Insert a DVD disk and load the DVD content by clicking DVD Disc button. Or else you can choose ISO image or Folder button if you have such file or folder on the internal hard drive of the Windows PC.
Step 3: Choose output format.
For example, you are suggested to choose PC General Video -> MP4 Video (MPEG4) for putting DVD to an external drive. Alternatively, to 1:1 copy DVD to hard drive, please select "DVD Backup" button.
Step 4: Select where you want to store the converted video by clicking "Browse" button.
Step 5: Click "RUN" button and wait until the mission is completed. You can leave it running in the background.
Step 6: Find the output video file. Plug your external hard drive into the port of your computer, and then copy/move the video file to the drive.
Still have trouble about ripping DVD to external hard drive? Please feel free to Email Us >>
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum: Advanced version of WinX DVD Ripper, besides ripping DVD to AVI at fastest speed and excellent quality, also capable of converting DVD to MP4, MPEG, MOV, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android, etc. Makes perfect 1:1 copy about 5 minutes. Constantly update to defeat upcoming DVD copy protections. ortable devices, iOS, Android, Windows mobiles. Convert MKV to iPhone, MKV to iPad are good examples.