Do you have at hand a great number of DVD movie collections? Have you ever been frustrated by the scratched DVDs? To take good care of your DVDs, it is necessary to find an active and effective way to solve the problem. Backup DVD movies to hard disk is one of the best way to keep the DVDs safe. But problem raised after a Google search, quite a few tools claims to be the best DVD backup software to do this. It is hard to choose which one is the correct answer.
What's worse is that it seems any of those software doesn't work on copying the DVD movies. What happened? You will probably be confused by the fact. Is there any problem with the DVDs or the software? Actually, there is no problem at all with your DVDs. The real reason is the DVD copy protections adapted for your DVDs, especially the latest DVD movies, like ripping DVD The Gunman, Chappie, Kingsman: The Secret Service, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, McFarland, USA, Jupiter Ascending, Taken 3, Fifty Shades of Grey, The Wedding Ringer, The Hobbit 3 and The Gambler. They are all well protected with new generation copy protections, which is totally distinct from the normal protections, such as CSS protected DVD, region 1-6, Sony ArccOS, Commercial DVD, Disney X-project etc.
The latest copy protections prevent those DVDs from ripping or backing up. However, solution is never far behind. DVD rippers from Digiarty Software could help you out, named WinX DVD Ripper for Mac and WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. They are designed for Windows and Mac users respectively to backup copy protected DVD movies to hard drive.
* For Mac users, WinX DVD Ripper for Mac is a professional DVD decrypter and DVD ripper software which can backup protected DVDs to Mac as MP4, MOV, iTunes video formats. You could also transfer the DVD movies to iPhone (inlculing iPhone 6/6s, Plus) , DVD to iPod, DVD to iPad, DVD to Apple-TV, DVD to PSP, etc.
* For Windows Users, WinX DVD Ripper Platinum (the upgraded version of WinX Free DVD Ripper to rip DVD to AVI) is a nice solution to backup copy protected DVD movies to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MPEG, 3GP, iPhone, ipad, etc. You could download it to take a try right now.
Then how to backup DVD movies to hard drive or rip DVD to other video formats? Below are the basic steps for Mac users to copy DVD. For Windows users, the user guide may be helpful.
The Tools You Need:
1. DVD player or DVD player software.
2. Download WinX DVD Ripper for Mac. The file size is only 9.18 MB, which will not cost too much time for downloading and installing.
Step One - Precheck the DVD Title Number
Play the DVD with DVD player software. When it comes to the movie (main content), please check the DVD title and record the title number.
Step Two - Select the Correct Title Number
1. Launch WinX DVD Ripper for Mac and import the DVD. You can load from DVD driver by clicking "DVD Disc" or from DVD folde/ISO Image;
Note: This ripper can help you find the main title number automatically. You don't have to worry about DVD title issues.
2. Select the output format as you wish, like Mac General Video, Apple Device, Android Device etc. If you just want to backup copy protected DVD to hard drive without any quality loss, you could select one way among the DVD Backup category;
3. Click "Browse" button in output setting area and select a destination folder to save your converted video;
4. RUN ripping. You can view the conversion progress and are able to cancel the converting process at anytime.
Note: The software developer only advocates copying DVDs for personal use and suggests referring to the DVD copyright laws in your countries before doing so.
Still have problem about how to backup copy protected DVD on Mac? Please feel free to Email Us >>