Home > News > Next iPod Touch
Next iPod Touch to get camera and microphone
- As Wired has gotten information from its sources that Apple products are already producing the next gen iPod Touch ( http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod/ ) models with a camera and built a microphone.
- A well-connected source tells us those rumors are on the money, and that Apple's factories in China are already manufacturing iPod Touch models with integrated cameras and microphones. An Apple spokesman declined to comment when reached by phone.
- This would allow the iPod touch to essentially become a Wi-Fi mobile phone, allowing you to make voice phone calls over the Internet when in range of a hotspot. While the currently shipping iPod touch does support microphones, in order to take advantage of it, an external accessory is required. We would have a Skype-enabled mobile VoIP phone, which also delivers entertainment options.
- You could now Cut, Copy & Paste Words and Photos on Your iPhone 3G S. It even works between apps! You could copy text and images from the web and then easily paste them into an email and MMS.
- The iPod touch will be able to carry out pretty much every function found in the iPhone (www.winxdvd.com/dvd-to-iphone/), such as video recording and editing, photo shooting, etc. Practically, by adding the camera and the microphone, the iPod touch will go way beyond its current status of "iPhone without a phone" and perhaps usher in a whole new age, namely that of mobile VoIP phones, capable of providing low-cost calls wherever a Wi-Fi signal is present.
- If true, it could help Apple to revitalize sales for iPod, but at the cost of creating a potential competitor to its own iPhone. According to Wired's source, Apple's factories in China are already manufacturing the new iPod touch, which will go on sale in "two to three months."
- On the gaming side, we could imagine that more game developers will take advantage of the built-in camera and microphone found on both the iPhone and the rumored new iPod Touch to enhance the immersive experience. Perhaps we will even see a bump in processor on the iPod Touch.