Home > News > HD DVD will be resurrected
HD DVD, Will be Resurrected In China?
- When we thought the last video format (http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/) war ended, but we have heard more news about video format on the Chinese HD DVD specifications from TG Daily. There is no doubt that the outdated Toshiba-led format will have a high hopes for a comeback. CH-DVD uses a combination of HD DVD as well as Chinese proprietary video encoding, copy protection and technologies.
- About HD DVD
- HD DVD (short for High-Definition/Density DVD) is a discontinued high-density optical disc format for storing data and high-definition video. Supported principally by Toshiba, HD DVD was envisaged to be the successor to the standard DVD format. However, in February 2008, after a protracted high definition optical disc format war with rival Blu-ray, Toshiba abandoned the format, announcing it would no longer develop or manufacture HD DVD players or drives. The HD DVD Promotion Group was dissolved on March 28, 2008.
- Since all variants except 3× DVD and HD REC employed a blue laser with a shorter wavelength, HD DVD could store about 3¼ times as much data per layer as its predecessor (maximum capacity: 15 GB per layer instead of 4.7 GB per layer).
- Toshiba is betting its chips on a new DVD Download/DL standard on a separate note, it promises better picture quality and possible access. The former is widely believed to be based on the Japanese company's SpursEngine 1000 processor, capable of delivering an enhanced video-upscaling performance than existing DVD players. Meanwhile, the download element will bridge Blu-ray's value-added interactivity features with its supposed live Internet connectivity.
- Recommend Related Software:
- WinX Video Converter
WinX Video Converter is an incredibly free and easy to use video to audio converter both for beginners and advanced users.
- WinX DVD Ripper
Rip and convert the content of all types of DVDs to popular video formats with best video/audio quality.