Home > News > Blu-ray discs
The First Write-Once Blu-ray Discs with 6X Writing Speed of the World
- Panasonic, the leading brand which formerly known as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd., announced that it has developed the world's first Write-Once Blu-ray Discs(BD-R) with 6X writing speed.
- In 2004 Panasonic introduced the world's first dual-layer 1X BD-RE Blu-ray Disc, 2X BD-R/RE Discs in 2006, and 4X BD-R Disc in 2007, is now launching the world's first 6X BD-R to meet consumer demand to write and read large amounts of data at a higher speed.
- The new 6X discs have a wide power margin at any writing speeds from 1X to 6X. This enables high-quality recording, even if the drive's laser power fluctuates, resulting in greater overall drive compatibility.
- The new 6X discs is 20% faster than that of 16X DVD-R discs, which have a maximum data transfer speed of 216Mbps. Along with the discs' high capacity for this transfer speed, it allows consumers to use these discs for a variety of applications such as storing High Definition video or backing up PC data.
- The newly-developed disc technology of Panasonic's adoption produces extremely level and well-balanced discs with highly precise signal grooves.
- This improves servo characteristics and enables the laser beam to focus to the right position even when the disc is rotating with 6X high speed, thus providing optimum reading and writing performance.
- Blu-ray disc drives compatible with 6X write-once Blu-ray discs are planned to be commercialized in Japan by the end of September 2008.
Format Name: Blu-ray Disc Recordable Format Ver. 13
Model Number: LM-BR25MDE LM-BR50MDE
Data Capacity: 25GB, 50GB
Data Transfer Speed: 216Mbps(Max.)
Minimum Mark Length: 0.149μm
Numerical Aperture (NA): 0.85
Layer Constitution: Single Sided/Single Layer, Single Sided/Dual Layer
Recording Format: Phase Change Recordable
Laser Wavelength: 405nm (Blue-violet Laser)
Disc Diameter/Thickness: 120mm x 1.2mm
Track Pitch: 0.32 μm
Hard Coating: YES