Being eager to convert dvd to AVI video, many beginners or intermediate users choose free Handbrake as the first choice without hesitation. Handbrake is free open source software that can decrypt and convert a DVD into formats like AVI, MKV, MP4 and then can be consumed on your Mac, PC, iPod, PSP, Apple TV, Television, iPhone or mobile phone.
1. To get started you'll have to install Handbrake. At the time of writing the software was up to Handbrake version 0.9 and available free at the Handbrake Web site. Once installed open the Handbrake application. The application should default to a simple interface like the screenshot below.
2. Once you've selected the DVD you want to convert to AVI. Now click on the icon that says "Source" and click your DVD drive. Click Open and you will be able to see many titles included in this DVD disk.
3. Select AVI files as output format and select other settings such as video quality, audio track, Audio Sample Rate, bitrates, Picture Settings, etc.
4. Check all settings and click Rip. A progress bar will show its ripping speed; depends on many factors like speed, filesize, etc. Then you can give the AVI files.
Read on to Learn Specific Handbrake Mac Tutorial >>
Read on to Learn Specific Handbrake Windows Tutorial >>
Get Handbrake Alternative DVD to AVI Converter prepared
Though HandBrake can now include subtitle tracks that can be turned on and off, instead of rendering them onto the video track permanently (which also reduces video compression), with the latest HandBrake 0.9.4 released, you still can not use it to encode DVD or Video on to Xbox and PS3. Moreover, you maybe also worry about This version of handbrake is 64 bit, VLC found but not 64 bit Error! as well as Handbrake iPad Preset Settings troubles. Sometimes you need to get a best Handbrake Alternative Software to convert and backup DVD to AVI format.
Features of Alternative of HandBrake programs include:
• Built-in more than 210 video and audio codec, fully support all kinds of SD/HD videos, like AVCHD (M2TS, MTS), AVC/H.264, MKV, Blu-ray Video (much more than HandBrake).
• Constantly update to support DVDs with latest Copy protections.
• Multi-functioned as DVD/HD/SD Video Converter, DVD Burner and YouTube Video Downloader.
• supports converting all the High Definition and HD-Camcorder videos, to both portable and console players, such as iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Zune, PDA, Blackberry, Nokia, Android, Zen, etc (since HandBrake simply prepare iPhone and iPod presets).
Related External Source
: HandBrake 0.9.4 Knowing from Official Site