This post will show you how to use Handbrake to rip DVDs so you can watch them on your iPod touch 4, iPhone 4 and any other models of iPods.
1) Download and install HandBrake. If you download version 0.9.3 you must be running Mac Leopard. If you are using Mac Tiger or older, you should download 0.9.4
2) Place the DVD you wish to rip into your DVD drive and open HandBrake. If your computer tries to play the DVD automatically, close the program so that only HandBrake is accessing the DVD.
3) Click the Source button in the top left corner. Then choose the your DVD drive and click Open. At this point HandBrake will begin to scan the DVD. This could take a couple minutes.
4) At this point you should be ready to begin ripping your DVD. Click Start to begin.
5) Once your DVD is finished ripping all you need to do is add it to your iTunes library (or whatever iPod manager you use) and then transfer it to your iPod.
Learn more details about how to create iPod touch 4G preset setting.
Are you get your Alternative of HandBrake program prepared well?
Though HandBrake can now include subtitle tracks that can be turned on and off, instead of rendering them onto the video track permanently (which also reduces video compression), with the latest HandBrake 0.9.4 released, you still can not use it to encode DVD or Video on to Xbox and PS3. Moreover, you maybe also worry about This version of handbrake is 64 bit, VLC found but not 64 bit Error! as well as Handbrake iPad Preset Settings troubles.
Therefore, you need to prepare the alternative of Handbrake DVD/Video encoding program. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum and WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is the best choices for Windows users (both campatible with Windows 7 64 bit). If you are Mac OS user, you can choose DVD Ripper for Mac and HD Video Converter for Mac(Supported by Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard).
Features of Alternative of HandBrake programs include:
• Built-in more than 210 video and audio codec, fully support all kinds of SD/HD videos, like AVCHD (M2TS, MTS), AVC/H.264, MKV, Blu-ray Video (much more than HandBrake).
• Constantly update to support DVDs with latest Copy protections.
• Multi-functioned as DVD/HD/SD Video Converter, DVD Burner and YouTube Video Downloader.
• supports converting all the High Definition and HD-Camcorder videos, to both portable and console players, such as iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Zune, PDA, Blackberry, Nokia, Android, Zen, etc (since HandBrake simply prepare iPhone and iPod presets).
Related External Source
: HandBrake 0.9.4 Knowing from Official Site